5 Reasons To Travel

5 Reasons To Travel

If you have never traveled before, it's time you changed that

23
5 Reasons To Travel
yimg.com

Let me start off by saying this: if you have never traveled before, it's time you changed that. I don't mean travel for business or some convention; not travel for obligations or necessity. I mean travel for fun. Travel for the experience of a new place and new culture. Travel for the thrill of leaving the safety net that is home and learning new things because you want to. Travel because a new place interests you. Travel to do something that you enjoy. Go off and experience new foods and cultures and climates; it could be for a day, a week or however long you want. It can be a short day/ weekend trip or a long vacation getaway but you should travel, why?

1. Travel because you'll learn something

There is so much history in this world. So much. You're probably thinking to yourself I hated history in school, so why would I waste my time to travel and learn more about it? I'll tell you why: it's interesting. Traveling to a place and learning about who lived there and how it came to be is so interesting, especially because you have hands-on references when you're in the place the stories take place in. Learn about the wars that shaped the land, the laws that shaped the culture. Learn about the customs of the people who live in an area, and about the foods they typically eat. Learn something about yourself; learn what you like and don't like. Find success; find failure. Learn all that you can.

2. Travel because you'll enjoy it

Going to a new place is so exciting, and even if you don't like everything about your trip, you're bound to enjoy something. Maybe it will be a new food or recipe, a new experience or even a new friend. Traveling provides new and exciting opportunities every second you're away from home, so don't let the unknown scare you; let it entice you to do new things and have the time of your life.

3. Travel to get to know people

Travel with someone and learn about their life, their goals, their dreams. Find a travel buddy you know and trust to strengthen your friendship and learn more about one another. Travel alone and make friends on the way. Meet new people in new places and exchange stories and knowledge.Get to know the people you share your planet with.

4. Travel to get out of your comfort zone

Try something new, even if you think that you won't like it. Even if you think that you'll hate it. Go explore the top of the arch in St. Louis, or go hiking in the rainforest in Puerto Rico. Sing in a chapel in Austria, or ride a boat down the Danube river. If it won't kill you, try it. If it could kill you, consider the risks and either try it or find something else to try. Whatever it is, at least once in every new place you visit, you should try something new. It could be anything: a food, a dance, a language, an attraction. Do something you normally wouldn't and love it; even if you end up hating it, at least you'll have a great story to tell.

5. Travel to experience the world

Whether it's 20 miles or 2,000 miles away from home, go see the world. See what this beautiful planet and the creatures that live on it have to offer. See nature, see cities, see people and places. You don't necessarily have to travel very far to see something new and wonderful.