Have an open mind when looking to escape

Traveling Is Easy When You Find The Beauty Close To Home

Globs of money aren't necessary to explore new ideas.

77
Maddy Nizyborski

Vacations are a great way to escape, and we all wish we could travel to someplace different from time to time. Unfortunately, traveling can be extremely pricey and unattainable due to many undermining circumstances. But, you don't have to travel far from home to explore and get lost in something. Concerts and live music are such a great way to find community and have fun. Sometimes, you don't even have to spend $10 to listen to music that speaks to you.

Recently, I attended the last Vans' Warped Tour (rest in peace), and one of the artists said something really powerful while he was performing. He said something along the lines of, "It doesn't matter what you believe in or where you're from. You're all here because you share something in common, and that's powerful." It's true. When you're attending a show, you create bonds and relationships with people you may have never met otherwise. You're apart of something much bigger than yourself.

One of the best parts about traveling is meeting new people and learning about different cultures, but you don't have to travel far or spend loads of money to accomplish that. Going to shows exposes you to many different people that share a common interest, and you can make lifelong friendships. I have met some of my best friends through music, and even if we're physically apart, I know I can always rely on them. Music is such an integral part to so many different cultures and communities that you can learn about. The lyrics and music can mean something to you, but have a totally different meaning to someone else; the beauty of interpretation and analyzing can lead to amazing conversations with people who have differing opinions. Travelling doesn't have to be about the place; it can be about the people as well.