The Travel Bug Is A Serious Thing

The Travel Bug Is A Serious Thing

Travel, your money will return, your time won't.

149
The Travel Bug Is A Serious Thing
Megan Martin

There is such a thing as having the "travel bug" or "itch" to travel. Whenever I get home from a trip, I am ready to go on another adventure. I felt this way when I got home from a three-week excursion over in Europe during the summer of 2014 and again after my study abroad trip in May of 2017. It's not just these trips abroad that have me itching to go to new places, it's domestic ones as well.

Since my last trip abroad to Denmark, two years ago, I have been thinking about my next trip abroad, which has been confirmed for a few weeks now for the end of the year.

My dream trip abroad would be to Greece. I have always dreamt of going to the Greek islands because I find them so mesmerizing. So much blue and white. The history and culture it brings are fascinating and the fact that Mamma Mia is based from there, I want to have my 'dancing queen' moment. When traveling abroad, it's about making memories, trying their food, adapting to their culture and going on an adventure.

Pictured above is me along with a group of friends that went to Denmark, we are sitting on top of Kronborg, a castle where William Shakespeare's play, 'Hamlet,' was set.

I like taking the opportunities to travel around the U.S., even if it's on the weekends when I have off because there is so much to explore. Since I have moved out of Iowa, I wish I would've explored more of what Iowa has to offer. Since I have moved to Utah, I feel like I have explored more in the two months I have lived here than I did living in Iowa for the first 21 years of my life.

My friend had asked me to go on a trip over New Years, two weeks in advance. Without hesitation, I said "YES!" One reason being it would be a road trip with friends to Colorado and reason number two is that I got to see Post Malone and Migos perform live on New Year's Eve. It was an awesome way to ring in the new year.

It's never too late to start traveling. Whether you are 18, 30 or if you have hit retirement, you can still do it. Take any opportunity you can. If you are a student, I highly recommend going on a study abroad because you will get the chance to work with students from around the world, get college credit, it looks great on your resume AND there will be memories made that you will be able to cherish for a lifetime.

As I make plans for my next adventure, take the next one that comes upon yourself.