I'm Saying Goodbye To Community College And Hello To University

I still needed time to find myself.

235
Jennifer Hancock

For the past two years, I have been attending a community college in the town over from my hometown. Today, I took my last final and walked out the doors for the last time.

I have extremely mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, I wanted to feel super sad. I wanted to feel like I did leaving my high school.

But I didn't.

I didn't because I know I have SO much more ahead. Sure, this part of my life is closed, but I am so ready to see what the future brings me.

I cannot leave my community college without looking back at what attending it has taught me.

If you would have told me two years ago that I was going to be moving out, attending a university and living life on my own, I would have laughed in your face.

I truly was not ready for that.

Now, I am so excited to attend a university. I feel so ready to be on my "own."

If I did not attend a community college, I would not have gotten to that point, I don't believe. It has helped me to become more of my own person giving me a small taste of what college is like.

With that being said, the main lesson that I am taking away from attending community college is I got a sense of what going to college life is like.

I wasn't thrown into something I would never have been able to handle, but I did get to prepare for what is coming.

It was like going swimming for the first time but just staying in the shallow end.

I believe that is exactly why I went to a community college first.

However, there were a few things about a community college that I obviously did not like. But honestly, when are we always satisfied with every single thing we do?

Hardly ever.

We can always find faults. I can truthfully say that attending a small town community college was one of the best choices I made, education wise.

So with that being said, thank you to my community college for letting me grow as a person before I go out of state to further my education, you were so important to me for two years, and now I cannot wait to see what my future holds.

I'm ready to dive into the deep end.