Hi my fellow socially awkward butterflies of the internet, it's time for some real talk: we're awkward. And I just want to put a disclaimer out before we go any further on this journey that being awkward isn't a bad thing, in fact, I happen to think it's a fun quality to have. It just means we're free spirits with a little extra character not everyone has. So if this sounds like you, here are 7 things we do that are #relatable. Welcome to the club.
1. Taking pictures. Not as simple as it sounds.Giphy
What do we do with our hands?!
2. Walking in public.Giphy
We lose all control over our bodies, especially when we're walking alone. Why is it so hard for us?
3. Don't even get me started with eating alone.Giphy
My nerves are shot just thinking about this. I'd rather just eat in the privacy of my own home, thank you very much.
4. When someone catches you off guard and asks your name.Giphy
Your response is never actually your name, it either comes out all wrong or sometimes even the wrong name. True story. I don't want to talk about it.
5. All of your friends have labeled you as the "awkward butterfly" of the group.Giphy
I say wear it with pride.
6. Getting stopped at red lights and someone pulls up next to you.Giphy
Do you look over at them? Do you stare right at the light and pray it'll turn green? Why is this so stressful!
7. Seeing people you know in public.Giphy
Most people live in fear they'll see someone they know at Costco on the day they're not wearing makeup or even worse, on laundry day. For people like us, our literal living nightmare is seeing someone just because we haven't had the time to mentally prepare ourselves.