​27 Traits Only Toxic People Have

​27 Traits The Person You Love Only Has If They Are 100 Percent Toxic

They're not worth changing.

1201

Now that I'm 26 and getting older and older and older, cause well... that's life, I have grown to get truly tired of the bullshit and toxic people in my life who just don't do me any good. I find that as I age, I have no desire to argue with someone who does not see the wrong in their ways and isn't a good person. So I got rid of them.

After much trial and error, trying to figure out who is worth keeping in my life and who is not, I've picked up on some serious red flags. Beware of these 27 toxic traits when deciding who deserves to be in your life:

1. They constantly lie to you

What is the point of having someone in your life who constantly lies? I don't even know what is true about this person if they constantly are feeding me lies.

2. They cheat on you

If your significant other is cheating on you and you are suspicious or know it and keep letting him/her do that to you, get that self-respect back and leave 'em. Once a cheater always a cheater is the saying, right?

3. They are manipulative 

They constantly make you feed bad when they caused a problem for you, twist your words around to make you feel guilty, and are very good at changing the topic to make sure you are the problem, not them.

4. They always try to make you feel bad 

Why would you want to have someone in your life that makes you feel bad? This is negative toxicity to the maximum. They put you down and never make you smile and bring no happiness to your life because they enjoy putting you in a bad state.

5. They are never wrong

They always think they are right and do not listen to other's points of view. Even when they know they are wrong and will refuse to acknowledge it.

6. They only talk about themselves 

They always talk about their lives and never ask about yours. They have no interest in how your day was, what your life has been like, what you have been up to, etc. It's all about them.

7. They are selfish

Speaking of all about them, it's their way or no way. They want what they want when they want it.

8. They make fun of you in front of you and behind you back

Making fun of you in front of your face and finding out they make fun of you behind your back is an ultimate form of deception and just down right toxicity.

9. They go behind your back 

They will do what they can to get what they want whether or not they crush your spirits in the process.

10. They avoid talking about problems between you two

They want to sweep problems under the rug when they hurt you and refuse to admit they were wrong. They avoid talking about the issue(s) with you because they do not want to deal and they don't find the problems you have with them, or anything in general, important.

11. They are rude to you 

You should never let anyone under any circumstance be rude to you, especially for no reason. This will make you just feel like crap and it's uncalled for.

12. They are nosey

They want to know every detail about you even the things you want to keep private. This is suspicious behavior.

13. They make you feel bad for past mistakes 

They will bring up past mistakes you made in your life to make you feel bad in the present. You may have forgiven yourself and moved past these mistakes and they will make sure they bring them back for you to see so they haunt you.

14. They do not forgive you

When you apologize for something, no matter how small, they continue to remind you of it.

15. They gossip constantly

One of the biggest toxic traits in my opinion is to just constantly love talking badly about others and starting rumors just to make others look and feel bad about themselves.

16. They make fun of people 

Bullies — we'll leave it at that.

17. They lack empathy

They really do not care what you are going through, they will pretend to care but truthfully, they just are not willing to truly understand what you are going through.

18. They are narcissistic 

They are WAY too into themselves to have the slightest thought about someone else's well-being.

19. They hate seeing you succeed 

They hate any success you have because they don't want anyone to overshadow them.

20. They emotionally abuse you

They make you cry, call you names, mess with your head, make you think everything is your fault, yell at you, try and make you think you are the bad guy. Toxic much?

21. They take advantage of you 

They are nice to you when it's convenient for them and only talk to you to use you for their own personal gain.

22. They never see your side of things

You can't get them to see you point of view.

23. They never actually listen to you

They only want you listening to them - they don't care about their problems and plus, they feel their phone is more important.

24. They make you cry

I have let way too many people make me cry several times in my life without them caring and I should have cut them off a long time ago.

25. They are just not nice people in general 

For whatever reason, they just like being mean — plain and simple.

26. They are passive-aggressive

They are hot and cold with you instead of being truthful about what is bothering them. They will tell you everything is OK but make harsh or sassy remarks to stir the pot because truthfully, they are bothered by something you did.

27. They are stubborn 

They just don't want to change their ways and see nothing wrong with how they act even when they act poorly toward others.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.