Top Ten Show To Binge During Social Distancing

By: Matheus Oliveira

10

During this time of The Coronavirus pandemic, Social Distancing and Quarantine, it is important to stay home but at the same time how do you do that without eventually losing your mind? One thing that can help is binge watching shows. Since you have a lot of time on your hands you might as well start watching some new shows. This is my personal top ten shows to binge during this pandemic.

Honorable Mention: The Mandalorian

This Disney+ space western is the newest addition to the Star Wars Saga and revolves around the titular character of The Mandalorian, sometimes referred to as Mando, a bounty hunter traveling the galaxies collecting bounties and making money in this post Empire universe when he decides to go rogue and not turn in his newest bounty, a creature the internet famously dubbed "Baby Yoda", and instead decides to save the creature from harm. The takes place five years after Episode 6 and has given the Star Wars Saga a much needed facelift after a very mixed reviewed new trilogy.

#10 Happy!

Where do I even begin with this show? It's like taking LSD. It stars Christopher Meloni as Nick Sax, a disgraced former cop turned drunk hitman who, after his daughter is kidnapped, is aided by her imaginary friend Happy, who has physically manifested himself to Nick in order to find and rescue her. This is a show you definitely want to watch after you put the kids to bed because it's full of graphic violence and vulgar language. That being said, this dark humor show has a way of keeping you engaged throughout. You can find this show on Netflix.

#9 The Marvel Netflix Universe

Before breaking off from Netflix and making Disney+, Disney had produced a handful of shows that could only be streamed on Netflix. These shows include Daredevil, The Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and the crossover show. The Defenders. Each show has its own style and pace making it a different experience watching and switching between them. They are definitely worth checking out if you're a Marvel show.

#8 Arrow

Arrow is a show based on the DC Comics character of Green Arrow. The show revolves around Oliver Queen who, after being stuck on an island for five years, returns home and becomes the vigilante eventually known as The Green Arrow. Though the show ended after it's 8th season, it still leaves behind an incredible legacy having spawned several spinoffs such as The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning and Batwoman, all of which can be watched on Netflix and the free to download, CW App. It's also being reported that there two more shows on the way next year.

#7-6 Mayans MC and Sons of Anarchy

These two Hulu shows center around biker gangs. Sons of Anarchy stars Charlie Hunnam as Jax Teller, The Vice President of The Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original aka SAMCRO. The show lasts seven seasons and each season gets better and better, but the story doesn't end there as 5 years after the show ended, the story continues through it's spinoff, Mayans MC, which, as of right now, has two season.

#5 Umbrella Academy

This Netflix produced show is based off a comic book line of the same name that was written by My Chemical Romance Front man and lead singer, Gerard Way. It focuses on seven individuals with super powers who were adopted by a rich man and molded into becoming a super hero team.

#4 Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai is a YouTube Premium show that continues the story of the original Karate Kid trilogy thirty something years after the movies came out. The series pits a now adult Johnny Lawrence who reopens The Cobra Kai Karate Dojo and clashes with Daniel LaRusso once more.

#3-2 Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White. A high school chemistry teacher, who after being diagnosed with cancer, decides to team up with meth dealer and former student Jesse Pinkman. Together the two make and distribute Methamphetamine and along the way hire criminal lawyer, Saul Goodman to get them out of any legal trouble they find themselves in. Goodman also gets his own spinoff show called Better Call Saul and even though the show takes place in the past, there are flash forwards into the future beyond the events of Breaking Bad so definitely watch Breaking Bad before watching Better Call Saul. Also there is a movie that takes place after the events of Breaking Bad called El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. You can find all of this on Netflix.

#1 La Casa De Papel

La Case De Papel or, as it's known in English, Money Heist is a Spanish show that was acquired by Netflix after its first season which was then split into two parts. Netflix then produced two more parts which were released separately, Part 3 being released last year and Part 4 being released earlier this month on April 3rd. Since being released on Netflix, the show has risen to extreme levels of fame world wide even releasing a documentary called "Money Heist: The Phenomenon" which was released the same day as Part 4. The show is based on a mysterious character called The Professor, who recruits eight strangers to pull of the biggest heist in history. This show is easily in my top three favorite shows of all time and I cant wait for Part 5 to come out.

Happy binging everyone.