The Top 10 Shows You Should Be Binge-Watching This Summer

Because who doesn't love spending hours eating ice cream and watching Netflix?

16
hswstatic.com

Summer is the perfect time for rest, relaxation, and catching up on your favorite TV shows! It's also the perfect time to start watching that new show that you've been waiting to start! I can spend hours on end during the summertime on my couch eating ice cream and catching up on all of my favorite shows on Netflix. So why not spend hours on end with a bowl of ice cream and some of your favorite shows? For those of you who are like me and take this time to devote yourself to your TV and watching Netflix in the heat of the summer, here's a list of my top 10 shows to binge on!

10. 30 Rock

Sarcasm and puns are very abundant in this sitcom starring Tina Fey. The show follows a woman named Liz Lemon on her journey working on a TV show at NBC studios in New York City. It shows all of the craziness that she encounters while working on set.

9. Fuller House

When I was younger I would watch Full House whenever I got the chance. I loved all of the corny jokes and how each character was so different and unique. It was a show that was always able to put me in the best mood even on the worst of days. Netflix's revival of this classic 90's sitcom has many of the original characters and has introduced some new ones as well. This show is hilarious and great to binge on if you want to laugh so hard while reminiscing about your childhood.

8. How to Get Away with Murder

This show is full of twists, turns, and cliffhangers. From episode to episode you are on the edge of your seat and can't wait to see what happens next. This show is perfect to binge on if you're into crime dramas and mysteries. Plus it's perfect to catch up on all of the seasons before it comes back on air in the fall!

7. The Fosters

If you want to watch a show that has strong themes and powerful messages, this is the show for you! The Fosters focuses on many current topics that are very prevalent in today's society. The show sheds light on these topics in such a unique way it draws in viewers of all ages. One of my favorite parts about the show is how much love and acceptance is spread by all of the characters. If you love shows that are full of drama, realistic story lines, and relatable characters this is totally the show for you!

6. Stranger Things

Since season 2 is set to premiere on Halloween so this summer is the perfect time to become OBSESSED with this show! This is a good one to binge if you’re into mystery and crime shows since it leaves you on a cliffhanger after every episode. The disappearance of a young boy named Will is the central focus of this show. Stranger Things focuses on Will’s friends as they deal with the loss of Will and their urge to find him no matter what it takes. This show currently only has one season on Netflix and only has eight episodes so it’s perfect to binge on if you want to catch up before the start of season 2!

5. Grey's Anatomy

If you love a show that has relatable characters that make you laugh, cry, and feel every emotion in between then this is the perfect show for you! This medical drama follows Merideth Grey on her journey as a surgeon. The show follows Merideth and the other interns at Seattle Grace Hospital throughout their residency into their future careers. If you love a show that makes you cry and keeps drawing you into the next episode this show is perfect for you to binge on!

4. Pretty Little Liars

The story line of this show is what makes it so unique and addicting. It follows four teenagers who are coping with the loss of a close friend. Shortly after their loss, they begin to be stalked by "A" who slowly but surely starts to ruin each of their lives. This show follows these four characters as they try to figure out who "A" is and what really happened to their friend before she disappeared. This show is perfect to watch if you love a good mystery with a whole lot of drama in between!

3. Gilmore Girls

Full of unique and quirky characters it’s easy to fall in love with the small town charm of Stars Hollow Connecticut. Fast-paced banter, puns, pop-culture references, sarcasm, and a hint of drama are all of the ingredients that make this show so amazing. Gilmore Girls is the perfect show to binge on if you’re looking for a show with a lot of seasons that are all on Netflix!

2. Charmed

This show follows three sisters who have magical powers and try to use their powers for the greater good. The relationship between the sisters is a central focus of this show as well as how they work together through the light and dark times. There is a magical feeling about this show and has really cool special effects that make magic seem realistic and not so sci-fi. This show is great to watch if you want a show with a happy ending and a magical feeling that has the power to make you forget about everyday life - even if it is only for an hour at a time!

1. Once Upon a Time

Disney movies, characters, and princesses this is the perfect show for you to watch. This show takes the classic Disney fairy tales and gives background to how each story and character came to be. Different story lines intertwine together to make up the plot of the show. If you spent most of your childhood watching and obsessing over Disney movies, characters, and princesses this is the perfect show for you to watch!