Top Ten Buys from Amazon Everyone Should Know

Like shopping but don't like spending all your money? Consider purchasing these ten items that have proven themselves noteworthy.

15
https://pixabay.com/photos/package-packaging-box-shipment-1081709/

What's the first thing you do when you open your laptop or phone? Go on social media, text a friend, look at online stores? For me, it's mostly the last one. It's an ironic predicament because I like to perceive myself as someone who isn't really materialistic. I would rather just buy what I think I need instead of receiving gifts or going on huge shopping sprees. However, I have an odd form of retail therapy, otherwise known as window shopping. Whether its at a Walmart, Target, the mall, Ikea, you name it- I'll gladly walk around and visualize buying a ton of things. I make a persona in my head or a brand new renovated bedroom, but I'm not sad when we leave and I am empty handed.

Another way I can do this when I'm at home and even laying in bed is the wonders of online shopping and surfing the internet. I love to scroll through platforms like Pinterest or Tumblr to get inspiration and ideas of things to maybe one day buy. For my odd but financially healthy window shopping addiction, I love to browse websites such as Shein, Depop, Offerup, Target, Pretty Little Thing, Fashion Nova, Ikea, and my favorite above all else, Amazon. Amazon somehow has everything possible that I would want to look for. Below, these are some of the few things I actually did end up buying and to this day use and love. I have compiled a list of my top ten and of course, an honorable mention.

10. Bucket Hat For Those Sunny Days

I am definitely no fisher, but anyone who has social media has noticed bucket hats become trendy and in style throughout 2020. I personally loved this one off of Amazon because the designs were simple, the color options can go with pretty much any outfit, and it's an affordable price for a quality hat. Baseball caps make my head look ten times bigger (my main reason for despising and never wearing them) but this bucket hat is a pretty much one size fits all! It fit my head perfectly, being loose around the edges and snug on the head. If you're looking for accessories or just something fun to purchase that isn't a necessity, I'd definitely recommend this.

9. Tapestries Galore 

If you've ever been on Amazon, I think you know just what I mean when I say, "Tapestries Galore." There are so many options to choose from and with a huge variety of price ranges! A tapestry is a simple and classic way to add personality and color to a room that may feel dull, or even just to switch it up. I personally bought this one in my past for my bedroom and it was thick and great quality. However I've had my eye on this set of smaller tapestries for a while and it's a potential buy for 2021.

One I've bought

One I've got my eye on

8. Car Decor 

This one was an odd one for me to put in my top ten. I am not a huge car fanatic, nor do I have a nice or new ride. I have a 2011 Ford. Granted that this is my car, it definitely needed some spice to improve her. I got this because I saw it was a staple accessory for a lot of people who have street racing type cars and I thought it was super cute! It doesn't matter what kind of car you have or how fast your car can go. To me, your car is like your bedroom or your phone or your house- it should have a bit of you and your personality in it. Furthermore, if you don't have a car this could be a cute addition to a bedroom.

Link Here

7. Get Working in 2021!

If you like to work out, this is the item/area for you to pay attention to. I follow a lot of fitness pages and fitness coaches on Instagram, but most of the time their workout clothes (i.e leggings, shirts, tight fitted long sleeves, sports bras) are so expensive! Maybe the clothes aren't LuluLemon price tags, but I think any 9-5 worker and especially college students like myself can't afford 60$ for a pair of leggings. Amazon has really cute workout sets for half the price! However, consider yourself warned. The sizing can be unusual or different with each piece of clothing from different companies. Measuring yourself to pick the best fit is ideal! If you do that, there shouldn't be any issues. These two sets are some of my favorites.

Set One

Set Two

6. More Bedroom Inspiration

Yes I know. We already went over Tapestries, but now it's time for Amazon posters to be in the limelight! Yes, I know posters and tapestries are pretty similar. They serve about the same purpose, to add color and personality to your room. However if you don't want to spend 20+ dollars on a huge tapestry or maybe your room is not that big, then getting a couple posters will suffice for you. Posters are typically smaller, feel less permanent, and more financially forgiving. What I mean by this is, if you don't like the poster you bought, at least you spent less money and can more likely than not return it. If you can't return it, you can try to sell it online or give it to a friend or family member. Tapestries are a hit or miss for people, they either love them or hate them. Posters are pretty much a classic for everybody and you can switch them out with new ones with time. Here is one I just got for Christmas that I absolutely LOVE. 10/10.

5. Laptop Stand 

To some, this sounds absolutely pointless, but take a look at yourself. Are you sitting up straight or are you hunched over your phone or laptop reading this? I used to always have bad posture when looking at my laptop (my phone is a whole other story) but by using a laptop stand, your computer is higher and you can sit up straight while seeing your screen perfectly. My parents had laptop stands for years before I finally caved and bought one, and I will say it is definitely worth it. Linked below is the one I bought, which is nice because it is portable, light weight, and a really cute color. It also has a phone holder on each side. 11/10 recommend!

Link Here

4. Keyboard And Mouse For Your Laptop 

If you decide to get a laptop stand, it makes the most sense to buy a keyboard and mouse as well, so you can not hunch over your elevated laptop or have your wrists in an uncomfortable position trying to type. Unfortunately if you have an Apple Laptop, keyboards and mouses are hard to come by that are compatible. I had to use an adapter for the keyboard I got because it has a USB plug-in to work. Other than needing an adapter, my keyboard and mouse work great. I feel like for students or anyone who is working at home on their laptop through the pandemic, this is a really necessary investment. Your back will thank you later for not hunching over the computer for hours on end doing work, class, or homework.

Link Here

3. Self Care Time

At last, one of my favorite things to talk about. If I could have a self-care day every day, I would. Without a doubt. And, it wouldn't be complete without these two facial stones. One is a Jade roller. This is my go-to after washing my face and putting on my moisturizer. I feel like it makes me feel more at ease with whatever I need to do for the day, or even when I'm getting ready for bed, it helps me relax for that as well. Furthermore, I feel like it has helped my skin! By rolling in an upwards motion after I put moisturizer on, my skin feels softer, and looks brighter. The other stone is a Gua Sha. I will admit I don't use it as much but it is also a relaxing piece to keep in mind.

Jade Roller

Gua Sha

2. Silk Pillowcases

Even if you don't buy anything from this list, you have GOT to consider these heavily. Silk Pillowcases have made falling asleep ten times easier for me. Typically I toss and turn trying to get comfortable in bed but there's something about curling up with fuzzy blankets and laying your head onto soft silk that feels luxurious and calming. These are the ones I bought and they come in all kinds of colors! I definitely want to buy a second set for washing periods to swap in and out.

Link Here

1. Phone Cases and Screen Protectors 

Coming in at number one, is the inevitable phone cases and screen protectors. These are some of the first things I ever bought off of Amazon and the only reason I learned what this website was. I feel like phone cases at the grocery store or even tech stores are just so ridiculously expensive. On Amazon, you can get affordable and the best quality cases. Some of my favorite brands are OtterBox and Speck. These two brands are near indestructible, as long as they are paired with a screen protector. Below I have linked a phone case I just recently bought as well as one of the first cases I've bought.

My Most Recent Case

First Case I Bought

An honorable mention would have to be this really cute sweater vest. It's on trend and perfect for layering in the Winter or by itself in the Summer. Also, these pants are in my cart as I type, and I want to buy them desperately. The only reason I haven't is I am waiting to see if any more reviews come in on them.

If you are the type of person to save up your money and never treat yourself, I would highly suggest looking into buying some of these items! My honorable mentions are things I haven't bought myself, but that I would like to purchase one day. Other than that, everything on this list is Alexia-Approved and has been genuinely useful or makes me happy when I see it.