Top Reasons To Attend The University Of Arkansas

2248

I may be biased, but I think our school is the greatest. Our university and college town have so many amazing attributes. Here are just a few, for your entertainment.

Our Greek life system is outstanding. Our chapters are some of the biggest in the nation, and that is something I am proud of. Over 1,200 girls sign up for recruitment each year, and the numbers continue to grow. I love how our chapters are so involved in their philanthropies and continue to fight for the best sorority on campus with every Greek life competition. Yes, we compete against each other, but in the end we all come together as one big Greek community. And that is what is so special about Arkansas Greek life.

SEC football and tailgating is top notch. I say this all the time to non-SEC people -- there is nothing like an SEC football game. Our spirit is one of a kind and our stadium is beautiful. Tailgating is always out of control, and just a across the street from the actual game! Everyone should experience an Arkansas ball game at least once in their lifetime.

We say, "y'all." Yes, we are a southern state and, yes, southern hospitality is a real thing. I have grown up saying y'all and fixin' to. I often get made fun of for the word, "draw," because it comes out sounding like "drawl." Sorry, we can't help these southern accents! 

Our colleges are some of the best in the nation. My major, apparel merchandising and product development, has a great reputation throughout the fashion industry. There are many companies in New York who like to hire Arkansas students because of our knowledge about the industry and how hard working we are. Dillard's is also a fan of Arkansas students in fashion and the business college. Many students interested in business and finance work at Dillard's corporate offices in Little Rock.

Our bar street is too much fun. Dickson is fun. Dickson is really fun. Do I need to say more?

We love sweet tea. Once again, southern hospitality is a real thing and so is southern food. BBQ and homestyle cookin' are some of our favorites. Oh, and great news -- we are getting a Whataburger in the near future!

Our scenery is absolutely beautiful Coming from Spring, Tex., I had never experienced the Ozark Mountains and, dang, I was definitely missing out. Devil's Den State Park is a fun time, and also a really great work out. We have beautiful places like Mt. Sequoyah, historical battle fields and amazing lakes and rivers. We are the natural state.

You will have great legs from walking to class. Let's talk about those hills. Maple, Dickson and Stadium street hills are rough. These streets remind me of how out-of-shape I am, so thanks for that, campus.

We get all four seasons. Fall is a real season here, and so is winter. Snow days turn into weeks and that means lots of parties. Although we get so behind on school work as a result, I'm not bummed about it because a snow day is the best idea, ever.

Our boutiques. I really love being in a small town for college because the boutiques here are fabulous. My favorites are E.Leigh's, Savior Faire, Maude and Riff Raff. Being a fashion major, I appreciate the unique styles they all carry.

We are really good at calling the hogs. Our favorite tradition as a school community is to call those hogs. Fans from other schools think we are crazy, but they will never understand what being an Arkansas Razorback is all about. We love dem hawgs.