10 Meals You NEED To Enjoy Home On Break, Because Home Food > Dining Hall Food

10 Meals You NEED To Enjoy Home On Break, Because Home Food > Dining Hall Food

Food coma is coming my way.

605
Jenna Pizzi

Spring break means going home, which translates to REAL FOOD. Everyone is thankful to be home again and to take a break from dining hall food for the week.

No one is really going to miss that undercooked rice or the mystery meat they serve.

Instead, here are some foods you actually missed...

1. Pizza, pizza, pizza

The biggest pizza debate: New Jersey or New York. Either way, pizza is pizza. You can't really be too picky after seeing the pizza they serve in the dining halls... or their attempt at pizza...

2. Bagels

You already know my first stop in the morning is to my favorite bagel place where the workers already know my order... considering I basically live there when I'm home. Nothing says welcome home like a warm, toasted bagel.

3. Diner food

Diners are the definition of home. Period.

4. Taylor ham, egg and cheese

Depending on where you are from it could also be known as pork roll but honestly, food is food no matter what it's called. Whatever I am served that didn't come from the dining hall, I will not question it.

5. Something from your favorite bakery

That's right. I come home to be spoiled and eat whatever I want to. So I'll have a small cake, three cookies and a couple brownies.

6. Ice cream

I love coming back to see that my favorite ice cream shop is open for the season. You can find me there every night of the week.

7. Anything your mom cooks

Duh, that's like three-fourths of the reason I'm always so excited to come back.

8. Your favorite restaurant

We all have that one place where we NEED to go right when we get home and NEED to go right before we go back.

9. Anything that isn’t frozen

College has given me my fair share of frozen pizzas, waffles, chicken nuggets and anything else that I can keep in the refrigerator that will assure me that I won't go hungry for

more than five minutes.

10. Something other than mac and cheese

You know when you eat something every day to the point where one day just the thought of it makes you queasy? Yeah, I need a break from it.