After just completing my college finals, I am excited about winter break! There are so many things I want to do to use my time wisely.
Unfortunately, I know that they will never happen. Ever.
1. "I'll clean my room"
If I move some stuff around that counts as cleaning, right?
2. "I'll go to the gym"
How about eating one of each kind of Christmas cookie instead?
3. "I'll read a book for fun"
Does reading the cover count?
4. "I won't go shopping so I can pay off my student loans"
Holiday sales are so tempting though.
5. "I'll bake cookies/brownies/etc."
Refer to number two because that's what will actually happen.
6. "I'll catch up on the sleep I lost during finals"
But there are so many other things I could be doing!
7. "I'll make that thing I saw on Pinterest"
Or give up after realizing two minutes into the project that I am not talented.
8. "I'll go Christmas caroling"
Baby, it's too cold outside for caroling.
9. "I'll volunteer in my community"
Does volunteering to stay at home count?
10. "I'll finish my scholarship/internship applications"
This is really important, but it always happens at the last possible moment.
11. "I'll plan my schedule for next semester"
Again, this is important, but it won't happen on time, and I'll be frazzled again next semester.