Best Christmas Movies On Netflix This Holiday Season

4 Christmas Movies On Netflix You Don't Want To Miss For This Holiday Season's Family Nights

Get your popcorn out and get ready for movie night

79
https://www.myprojectorlamps.com/blog/page/5/
https://www.pexels.com/photo/red-christmas-tree-255283/

Everyone knows that "Christmas Season" starts the day after Halloween. Am I right? I mean, I always wait until Thanksgiving break to take out the tree and make that wintery feeling come to life since we live in Sunny San Diego with no snow. However, it seems that Netflix has already gotten the memo and released several new Christmas movies for families to sit and watch by their Christmas tree with Pillsbury cookies, milk and blankets all around. As soon as our tree came to life, my sister and I started our movie nights in the living room and got to catch some of our favorite movies already.

Here are a few:

1. "The Holiday Calendar"

The Holiday Calendar

This movie is based on a magical Christmas dollhouse that opens a door in the house with a gift each new day until Christmas Day. The main stars are Kat Graham, Quincy Brown, Ethan Peck and more. It's a really nice story about a girl who has a strong passion for photography, though her parents have never fully supported her career-to-be.

However, her best friend who's been traveling the world comes back home and, as always, has her back. Each gift the dollhouse opens up is a symbol. The Christmas symbol ends up showing up around the main character in her everyday life bringing her many life changes and lessons learned.

2. "The Princess Switch"

The Princess Switch

The movie's main character is the famous High School Musical actress, Vanessa Hudgens. Hudgens plays baker from Chicago that enters a baking competition only to discover a whole new surprise of having an identical "twin" who was a princess! They took a chance and switched lives just for the few days before the competition... love, friendship, and changes were made in this switch that brings a lot of reality and life and love that ends in a very happy Christmas ending.

3. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" 

The Grinch

c1.staticflickr.com

Now this is a classic... and if you haven't watched this film then you have not experienced a true Christmas season! In a village called Whoville, the Grinch lives all alone in his own little cave. He seems to hate Christmas, people and just everything!! Or that is everything until he meets a little Whoville named Cindy Lou Who that helps his heart grow, and go on the crazy adventure of almost stealing Christmas!

4. "Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas"

Mickey & his gang

This movie is a Disney classic. Yes, it's more for the young ones, but it's still such a great Christmas family movie for everyone to sit and enjoy. This movie has several short Christmas films with different storylines with Mickey, Donald, Minnie and more.

With these few favorites, always remember how important it is to spend time with your family not ONLY during the holidays but also all year round! With it being Christmas time, these movies would be such a great idea to get everyone together and bring out the popcorn, hot cocoa and turn on those special lights!! Enjoy the rest of what 2018 has to bring us, and have a great Christmas this year.