Top 8 Most Underrated Country Artists

Top 8 Most Underrated Country Artists

Each year another artist is heard without recognition

454
Top 8 Most Underrated Country Artists

There are far too many country artists that emerge year after year -

This in itself is why singling out one performer per year is a challenge.

The music industry is transforming and how things are done are also changing. The record labels do still have as much pull as they used to... if you are signed. However the independent option of growing your own fan base has never made it more difficult for them.

Take it from Florida Georgia Line; who knew the deals would come to them, if they go in front of the fans first. (Rather than the other way around) While it is most common to wait for the record deal to get you a radio tour, invest in you and studio time... it seems the chase has changed the game these days. Each of these artists were unique on their own and something stands out about each one.

Breaking down artists year by year is going to generate opinions that vary for each reader. As some people know artists prior than others and some are related or made music with that one person. There are too many to choose from regardless. How to only pick one new artist per each year?

2010: Jason Aldean
-Jason Aldean is another who had been in the game a while. One thing is for certain... each song from his first to most recent was every bit as captivating.

2011: Luke Bryan
-Luke Bryan is now a powerhouse name in the music industry, yet in 2011 still very little people knew about his music. This hot shot used to be the opening act at country festivals, performing at early times in the day. Spring Break in PCB was a low-key crowd. I guess I could throw this back to 2007 when he was really underrated but an incredible performer, with vocals that would make your hair stand up. I chose 2011 since at this point he had "big names songs" but people were still unsure of who this artist was.

2012: Dustin Lynch
-While Dustin Lynch is not the regular country lover's main topic as his name does not flow off the tongue as easily as Jason Aldean's name may. He really came out strong with his first album or two. Regardless if people knew it. He has been in the game for longer than same people know and each song that comes out... is as good as the first. Small town boy like him is getting too famous too fast.

2013: Drake White
-Many of us heard the name throughout 2013 but once his songs hit it off a bit more throughout the year; people began to remember his voice. 2015 he went to a few different radio stations to perform new music... but he is still unknown by many far and wide.

2014: Granger Smith
-Granger is really growing some traction and especially with his alter ego coming out more often these days. Earl Dibbles JR. While for years I have listened to him, them? Even today people are not familiar enough with this artist. Granger goes with country as Budweiser goes with America.

2015: Since we can't use Dustin Lynch again we will go with Michael Ray... though with Kane Brown in the mix, this was a hard year to choose. 2015 was the year of emerging new artists!

2016: Chris Stapleton
-He had a series of hits in 2016 but the real honor is being a fan of this artist prior. It really is amazing that in this day in age, an incredible artist with mind blowing vocals, that have a one of a kind song pattern takes this long to be known. It is amazing that some of his songs are just being shared and released as a "single."

2017: Luke Combs
-Luke Combs has one of the most powerful voices in the industry today. He has some lungs on him. Truly talented. I feel like it will be years before he gets the recognition he deserves.