Top 8 Best Ways To Celebrate Fall Safely

Have no fear, you can still safely enjoy the season amidst COVID-19.

4
Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

COVID-19. The pandemic that is continuing to impact everyone worldwide. When I first heard of coronavirus in early March, I had no idea what it truly was or how it would still be impacting my everyday life so closely. Going on month seven of having COVID-19 in our lives, a vaccine or cure is still far away, some scientists suggesting we will still be waring masks well into 2021. Despite this, the one season that has always brought me joy is fall. I love everything about it. The weather changing, the colors becoming red and orange, and of course, everything pumpkin flavored. This fall may be a little different, though, due to COVID-19. Just because many haunted houses are closing, doesn't mean there aren't a lot of other fun activities we can do during fall to still capture the sprit of the season. Here are my top 8 best ways to still celebrate fall safely.

Crafting

Nichole Doty

Crafting doesn't have to be spending a ton of money on beads, hot glue, or supplies from Michael's. Instead, try finding cheap pains from Walmart and these cheap signs from Dollar Tree. Seriously, just sitting on the floor for an hour painting this sign gave me an immense boost in my Halloween spirit.

Pumpkin patches

Photo by Marius Ciocirlan on Unsplash

Call ahead to your local pumpkin patches and see what regulations they have in place. Are there a limited amount of customers allowed at a time? Are masks required? Is there social distancing? If all of these questions are answered with a yes, don't let COVID-19 stop you from safely acquiring the staple of the season: pumpkins to carve.

Scary movie nights

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

Not feeling comfortable hitting the theaters due to COVID-19? Utilize streaming services such as Hulu, Netflix, and Shudder, a horror movie subscription service. Don't let the pandemic stop you from spending quality time with those you live with and getting a good spook. Extra bonus points if you treat yourself to hot chocolate and a scary movie by yourself in the dark!

Pumpkin everything from home

Photo by Kira auf der Heide on Unsplash

Don't want to go to that busy Starbucks to indulge in a pumpkin spice latte? Don't feel like being in a crowded grocery store to get that pumpkin pie? Utilize delivery services such as Insta Cart or grocery curbside pick up to get your own ingredients to make your favorites! Spend time with those your quarantining with trying out new recipes for homemade pies, drinks, or seeds!

Cyber Monday

Let's face it: If stores actually have Black Friday shopping this year who the heck knows how that will be? Many people have been stepping away from Black Friday shopping, anyways, but if you were like me and just loved the adventure of staying up all night, grabbing coffee, and window shopping, Cyber Monday will really come in handy during the pandemic. Plus, I bet stores will have even better sales to compensate for possible lack of Black Friday deals due to COVID-19.

Trick or Treat goodie bags

Photo by Joanna Kosinska on Unsplash

If you want to still be safe, but love passing out candy to cute trick or treaters, consider making small goodie bags of candy instead of having a grab bowl for anyone to reach their hands in. Place a small about of bags out at a time and as they run out keep placing more outside. Splurge on the big candy bars! These kids have already missed out on a lot.

Halloween party, but safe!

Photo by Mel Poole on Unsplash

Go all out with those you are quarantined with! Decorate your place, bake goodies, put on crazy makeup, and queue up those Halloween toons. Celebrate the season with those you love, and have safe fun while doing it!

Friendsgiving, but virtual

Photo by Pro Church Media on Unsplash

Virtual Friendsgiving might be a better alternative to in person. There isn't a ton of dishes and everyone can drink as much wine as they want without having to worry about how they'll get home! Over Zoom, you can screen-share a football game or It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.