Top 5 Pop Rock Christmas Songs

Top 5 Pop Rock Christmas Songs

Catchy covers and festive original tracks by your faves.

60
Top 5 Pop Rock Christmas Songs
Hot Trax Disco

It's getting to be that time of year again! Not only is it absolutely freezing outside for most of the United States, but everyone is starting to get into the glorious holiday spirit. Gift giving, lots of food, snowmen, hot chocolate, sledding, Santa Claus and festive movies are in abundance.

And with all of this inspiration coming from every direction, of course, some Christmas jams were put out by your (and most definitely mine) favorite artists. So, if you're looking for some pop-punk alternative rock Christmas tunes -- look no further. These gems are my personal favorites to kick my butt into the holiday spirit (and get that nostalgic teen angst brewing once more).

1. "Sickly Sweet Holidays" -- Dallon Weekes

Created by Panic! At The Disco's current touring bass player, Dallon Weekes, "Sickly Sweet Holidays" is a song about just that -- that sickly sweet happiness that comes along with being reunited with your loved one for the holiday season. And in the best Christmas music fashion, it's ended with the beginning of another Christmas song -- "Jingle Bells".

2. "Ho Ho Hopefully" -- The Maine

This song was featured on an EXCLUSIVELY CHRISTMAS MUSIC EP by The Maine called "...And A Happy New Year" and yet, it still sticks out as not only the best on the EP but also one of their best songs. Featuring the artist Eisley, this song is a cute little venture about hope and finding yourself experiencing the perfect moment. Also, it has a super cute and SUPER old music video that sports a pantsless John O'Callaghan (the band's singer).

3. "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" -- Fall Out Boy

In complete opposite fashion to the rest of the songs on this list, "Yule" is probably the pissiest crybaby angry Christmas song that was maybe ever written. Detailing in the lyrics that the girl should never come back home and that the main guy doesn't want to see her, this is a song about getting your heart broken and being angry about it. It's basically every FOB song, but ya know...Christmas.

4. "The Little Drummer Boy" -- The Almost

This is probably my favorite cover of any Christmas song ever. With the driving beat that every knows and loves about this song, it's singer and drummer Aaron Gillespie's voice that makes this cover truly special. That and he really bangs on his drums with all his might.

5. "White Christmas" -- Panic! At The Disco

Let's get real. Anything that Panic! At The Disco touches turn into an instant classic in my eyes. But, I honestly can't find anything wrong with this cover of the oldie Christmas tune. Actually, I can. It's way too short. Brendon Urie's voice is so velvety and smooth, wrapping you up in a festive blanket that you never want to leave.

Added bonus: "30 Days" -- Never Shout Never

Included because: 1) I'd feel wrong to leave this out because honestly. WHAT A THROWBACK. and 2) Christofer Drew in this era was a little angel. This song is so catchy and it's just a rule that you have to listen to this when it comes to Christmas time. And truly, this song is so relatable when it comes to finding difficult to moving on from the past.

From Your Site Articles