5 places you need to visit in your lifetimes

5 Places On My Travel Bucket List That You Should Add To Yours

There is so much world to see and not enough time to see it.

177

Traveling is a passion I have. The jitters leading up to the trip, the fun of overthinking therefore overpacking and the awe you experience during the trip. No matter what kind of trip I take, a weekend getaway or an entire summer away, I always do my research. Finding the must-see places, the hidden restaurants and where I can experience the destination like a local. I have so many places I want to visit, but if I could only choose five places, it would be these!!

1. Santorini, Greece

I hate to admit that I fell in love with this place while watching "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," but as soon as I saw it and did some research, I knew it was a place I'd eventually like to take a girls trip to with my mom and two sisters (sorry dad!) I would specifically like to stay at the Katikies Hotel, which is a luxury hotel overlooking the Aegean Sea that provides caldera-view balconies. With white minimalist decor, it honestly just looks like a place straight out of a desktop background.

2. Kakslaultanen Hotel, Finland

This second place is a place I've wanted to visit since I was in middle school. I am NOT a winter person at all; if anything I detest the idea of winter. However, for this destination I am willing to go full on "Frozen" for. This is the Kakslaultanen Hotel in Finland. Basically they are little igloos for each visitor(s) that have glass ceilings to be able to look at the sky. It just seems so cozy and a little wild risquè that you could easily accidentally make awkward eye contact with your neighbor.

3. Schloss Neuschwanstein, Germany

I actually discovered this destination in a calendar, which is very basic, but some of these calendars have some extraordinary destinations. This is Schloss Neuschwanstein, Germany. It's actually called the Neuschwanstein Castle and was built in 1869. The story of why this castle was built is very cute. The shy king, King Ludwig II, wanted to hide from the public and therefore built a castle (same). I am a very curious person with a large imagination and looking at the castle makes me want to visit every single room in it.

4. Talinn, Estonia

Next is Tallinn, Estonia. I'm not sure if I am just very uneducated on my geography, but I have never heard of Estonia in my entire life. It's a little country in northern Europe right below Finland. The country itself has more than 1,500 islands and was formerly part of the Soviet Union. I'm not sure what attracted me to this destination but it just seems like a country where everyone is happy. It seems like a country where birds chirp early in the morning and people know their neighbors as their friends. It seems very naïve to say that is the reason I want to go, but truthfully that is the reason.

5. Vieques, Puerto Rico

Flickr

Lastly, this magical location, Vieques, Puerto Rico. A girl can dream, but can you imagine a proposal on this beach?! It would be more romantic than a Nicholas Sparks novel. In the waters of Mosquito Bay there are organisms named Pyrodinium bahamense, Dinoflagellates (dinos). These "dinos" are responsible for amazing natural phenomenon. When these dinos touch anything, they turn bright blue. They aren't dangerous at all so swimming and having your surroundings turn a bright blue would be absolutely breathtaking.