Top 5 Places To Live As A Student In College Station

Making College Station home.
3617

Whether you're an incoming freshman or already a College Station resident, choosing the best place to call home can become quite a challenge. Luckily here in College Station, we are privileged enough to be surrounded by many different choices to suit each one of our diverse lifestyles. As a Marketing Specialist for The Junction I've learned all about the new student living places uprising this coming summer. Let's hope this can be a guide to us all!

5. The Cottages

When I was a freshman The Cottages was the place to be! If you didn't live there, you probably weren't cool. And if you weren't spending Gig' Em Week in their pool, you were needing to reevaluate your life. The Cottages still makes the top charts in College Station. With Cottage style living as one of its main aspects, it makes for a pretty nice home while still having the benefits of living in an apartment complex.

*Located on TAMU Bus Route

2300 Cottage Ln
College Station, TX 77801
(855) 322-2695

4. U Club

In my opinion, U Club is the place to be as a freshman/sophomore. I wouldn't necessarily recommend living there past then. With that being said, I have always heard great things about U Club. Not once have I heard people having problems with their units or management. Overall, U Club is a great place to live. With its duplex style living, and convenient parking, why would you not want to live there? They also have an extremely nice clubhouse where they usually throw residential events such as Craw Fish boils.

*Located on TAMU Bus Route

801 Marion Pugh Dr
College Station, TX 77845
(979) 703-1923

3. The Retreat

The Retreat is a new student living complex coming this upcoming summer (August 2016). The Retreat also offers a cottage style living. Located right off of Harvey Mitchell Pkwy and near Wellborn, it is relatively close to campus. They over a lot of the same amenities that most of the top places in College Station offer (Sauna, pool, yoga room, tanning, clubroom, etc.) but one really cool amenity that sets them apart is their indoor, virtual Golf Simulator. Pretty cool right? From the looks of their pictures online, The Retreat seems as if it will look a lot like The Reserve that is also located in College Station.

*Located on TAMU Bus Route

701 University Dr
College Station, TX 77840
(979) 431-4646

2. The Barracks

Ahhhh, The Barracks, also known as one of my favorite student living communities in College Station. The Barracks is a pretty secluded student living neighborhood located down Rock Prairie and off of Wellborn. Most people consider this to be way too far out, as it is a few more extra miles to campus, but what most college students don't know, is all the awesome stuff located around it. Although it is a trek to town from The Barracks, you don't have to go too far to get food or any other services. If you take a right onto Wellborn from Rock Prarie, you will hit William D. Fitch, which has a ton of places for you to choose from. Located off of William D. Fitch is an HEB, Taco Bell, Laynes, Subway, Chick Fil A, Lowes, plus many more! Also coming soon in The Barracks will be their very own convenience store and a huge pool/clubhouse that they have been working on for a year which will include a restaurant, brewery, plus many more awesome amenities!

*Not located on TAMU bus route (yet)

514 Deacon W Dr,
College Station, TX 77845
(888) 567-5757

1. The Junction

The Junction is also an all new student living complex coming Summer of 2016. My prediction is that this is going to be the new happening place. Located directly next to The Cottages, it's about two miles from campus! If you love The Cottages pool, you'll love this even more. And if you don't love The Cottages pool, then you will love this pool. With it's Vegas styled pool and rockin' cabanas, how could you not want to call this place home? Another awesome aspect about The Junction is that they will have three different clubhouses. One workout clubhouse, one studying clubhouse, and lastly, one game room clubhouse. Now you don't have to deal with the overbearing noise that's coming from the guys that are way too into their ping pong game. With their Cottage style living and awesome amenities, why would you not want to call this place home?

*Located on TAMU Bus Route

Leasing Office: 1147 Holleman Drive S.
College Station, TX 77845
(979) 721-9160