6 Healthy Habits To Kickstart Your New Year

Tips to becoming a healthier you!

5
Google images

Every year I always promise myself to stop binge eating fast food and the occasional five pound bag of M&M's, but for some reason it never really works out. Fortunately for me, I've found some better options, and some healthy eating tips to go along with it!

Here are my top 6 tips to starting a healthy life-style:

1. More Fruits and Veggies

When in doubt, go for the fruits and veggies. Craving a snack? Grab that banana instead of those potato chips. Get your body used to eating fresh foods, and it will no longer crave junk.

2. Avoid Diets

Let's be honest, no one ever sticks to their diets and they never really work anyway. Instead of eating a bunch of things you really don't like, eat less of the things you do like. Cool it on the pizza and cookies, people.

3. Avoid Cold Turkey

Okay no...not literally. Instead of cutting sugar completely out of your diet, just try to avoid going to Sprinkles or Pinkberry after every meal. Always remember less is more....AKA eat more healthy food and less processed, sugary, and fatty crap.

4. Try new things

Not all healthy options are bad options. Believe it or not, there are actually some pretty amazing low-calorie recipes floating around out there. Find fresh ingredients and take your time preparing new meals.

5. Hydrate

This means water, water, and more water. Not only is this a better option than the large diet coke you've been dreaming of, it's actually good for you in more ways than one. Water can help keep skin clear, and water with a lemon wedge is actually great for your digestive system!

6. Say 'No' to the Late Night Munchies

No matter how bad you want to indulge in a pint of Ben & Jerry's during the Golden Globes, it's important to maintain self control. The later you stay up, the longer your body takes to process and digest the food!