5 Cult Beauty Products Of 2016

5 Cult Beauty Products Of 2016

What were your favorite beauty trends of 2016?

44
5 Cult Beauty Products Of 2016
Allure

Every year, especially within the beauty community, there are a few products and trends that seem to take over the year. These fan favorites have shown up in the product lines of multiple well-known brands, have ended up on many a Youtuber's monthly favorites, and are constantly out of stock online or in store. So, as we say hello to the new year and 2017, let's also give a quick shout-out to the top five cult beauty favorites of 2016.

1. Sheet Masks.

Face masks have been a big deal in skincare for quite some time, but recently, the concept of single pack sheet masks have taken over the beauty scene. These quick and easy masks are designed to produce great results while eliminating some of the more awkward steps associated with traditional masks. They're also more hygienic, as you don't have to repeatedly dip your fingers or brush into the same pot of product. Being hygienic, easy and travel-friendly has made these masks an absolute necessity for many.

2. Liquid Lip Kits.

Matte lipstick and liquid lipstick has been all the rage for the last two years, but in 2016, we saw an even larger demand for a fool-proof, budge-proof lip kit. And Kylie Jenner answered.

If you haven't heard about the Kylie lip kits, you might as well have been living under a rock. Love 'em or hate 'em, these kits started a huge chain reaction of companies releasing their own version, promising a more long-wearing yet comfortable matte liquid lipstick.

3. Cushion Foundations.

Around the start of summer, dewy-finish foundation had really started to take off within the beauty community. These luminous liquid foundations inspired many to switch over to a more lightweight, glowing foundation. Enter: the cushion.

These products were designed to include a foundation-soaked sponge that one could dip into with either a beauty blender or brush, and apply onto the face for a lightweight yet high-coverage makeup application. Both high-end and drugstore companies have come out with cushion foundations designed to do just that and more in order to keep up with the dewy skin trend.

4. Highlighters.

Speaking of dewy skin, nothing was more on trend this year than a beaming highlight. After the success of contouring, baking and more, highlighting as been the most recent trend for a flawless face. The idea is to use a specialized powder or cream product and apply it to the tops of the cheeks, around the brow bone, on the tip of the nose, and patted onto the cupid's bow. These areas can reflect light, and with product, can appear to be 'lit from within.'

Over the course of the year, we've seen highlighters in every form. From a subtle glow to full blown glitter cheeks, the trend has hit the bulls eye with many within the beauty community.

5. Brow Kits.

Big brows have been an on-trend beauty staple for the past few years. But as we've become more and more obsessed with a strong brow, beauty brands have been listening. Entire collections have been launched with anywhere from five to 12 products designed solely for the brows. At these rate, it will be quite a while before we see the decline of the Instagram brow.

Just like fashion, beauty trends change and flow throughout the years as new and improved products are discovered. As we step into 2017, there are tons of new opportunities to start a new trend, discover a great product or produce the next cult favorite.