Top 5 Claymation Christmas Movies Of All Time

The movies some people seem to forget about are the best seasonal movies.

227
Rankin/Bass Productions

The Christmas season is finally upon us. One thing that makes this season so glorious besides the decorations and presents on Christmas morning is all of the Christmas movies.

For most people, Christmas movies mean "Home Alone" and "The Santa Clause." But for others such as myself, this is the time when the OG Christmas movies make their rounds; the claymation movies.

Rankin-Bass is the mastermind behind the claymation stop-motion movies that we all grew up on, and now I'm here to tell you the top 5 of these types of movies.

"Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer"

The classic Christmas story we all know and love comes to life in this claymation story. Rudolph is mocked by his fellow reindeer and ends up with his new buddies Hermey, Yukon Cornelius, and even the Abominable Snowman. This is one movie you can't skip during Christmastime.

"Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town"

This story tells the background of the man himself, Santa Claus. Kris Kringle begins to transition into Mr.Christmas in this story and brings a little bit of warmth and love to viewers' hearts.

He has some bumps in the road when the mayor bans toys, but it all comes to a happy ending.

"Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey"

This movie is a classic almost everyone seems to forget about it. I even forgot about it until recently! This movie is an emotional one because Nestor is rendered an outcast because of his long ears and becomes basically depressed over it.

On his way to Bethlehem, he luckily finds his destiny. This is a Christmas movie that'll tug on your heartstrings.

"Rudolph's Shiny New Year"

This movie isn't technically a Christmas special, but it still resides in the holiday season as it prepares for a New Year. Rudolph is our beloved Christmas character, so anything he is in still makes it feel like Christmas time.

Baby New Year goes missing and it's up to Rudolph to find him and save the day. Anything that Rudolph does will warm our hearts.

"The Year Without A Santa Claus"

This is my personal favorite Christmas movie of all-time. This special entails different aspects such as singing, dancing, and a little bit of conflict.

Santa gets sicks and decides to cancel Christmas because many people no longer have very much Christmas spirit.

It's up to Jingle and Jangle to find that spirit in a town called Southtown but run into a bit of trouble when the Miser brothers get involved. It's a holiday special that's unlike any other.

If you haven't watched any of these movies, don't worry. You still have time before Christmas hits! Once school winds down and you get that well-deserved break, have a little claymation movie marathon and unwind.