Top 3 things to see in Morocco

Top 3 things to see in Morocco

Most people visualize bright, busy marketplaces and narrow, twisting alleyways lined with houses and shops when they think about Morocco.

17
Top 3 things to see in Morocco

Most people visualize bright, busy marketplaces and narrow, twisting alleyways lined with houses and shops when they think about Morocco. Morocco is famed for its chaotic medieval towns, but it is what lies beyond the barred gates that truly distinguishes this North African country.

Morocco's scenery is one of the most diversified in the world, ranging from the immense deserts of the Sahara to the breezy coastal villages along the coast. It has also established a distinct culture that combines old traditions with modern progress, having a history spanning over 1,200 years. This list is a wonderful place to start if you're looking for fun things to do in Morocco. This guide will help you if you are Travelling In Morocco and especially in the cities of the Imperial.

Bab Mansour Gate is number seventeen.

The Bab Mansour is more than simply a gate, with its beautiful mosaics and Arabic verses etched on it. It is also one of Morocco's most elaborate emblems and a famous example of Moroccan architecture. The Bab Mansour Gate, which was completed in 1732, defends the front of Place El Hedim, a huge plaza in the heart of Meknes' ancient town.

Despite the fact that you cannot pass through the gate's massive gates, you may still appreciate its splendor from the square. The Arabic poetry engraved above the arch is one of the most notable characteristics. "I am the most magnificent gate in Morocco," it says. I resemble the sky's moon.

Passes of Atlas is number sixteen

Nothing beats a road journey across the Atlas Passes with the wind in your hair and the wide road in front of you. You'll pass via the Tizi n'Test pass on your journey from Marrakech to the Erg Chigaga sand dunes. The Moulay Brahim gorges, the lovely village of Isni, and the Ourigane valley can all be seen from this twisting route with a high elevation.

Driving via Tizi n'Tichka is another alternative. The roads are similarly steep, but every hairpin curve rewards you with stunning vistas of the Atlas Mountains.

Asilah is number fifteen.

Asilah, located in Morocco's extreme north, is a picturesque beach town with a strong Spanish influence. The whitewashed architecture and abundance of Spanish restaurants harken back to the city's time as part of Spanish Morocco, which lasted from 1912 until 1956. There are many travel agencies who offer the Morocco private tours from Asilah or Tangier near it.

The settlement goes back to 1500 B.C., but many of the structures originate from the 15th and 16th centuries. Two must-see features are the well-preserved historic medina and the strong coastal walls. The Great Mosque of Asilah is well worth a look; its distinctive white exterior mixes in nicely with the city's painted structures.