Top 3 Favorite American Horror Story: My Roanoke Nightmare Fan Theories

SPOILERS.

23
Popsugar

There is no doubt this season of American Horror Story has been crazy from the beginning. From the mystery theme to the documentary style of the show, the suspense and surprises keep coming. The theme for season 6, My Roanoke Nightmare, has left many people with questions about how it will connect to the previous seasons and whether the other trailers put out by the creators will have a connection to the show. Ryan Murphy, the show’s creator, has already confirmed that the show will have a huge plot twist in episode 6, creating curiosity and speculation for the fans.

Out of the many fan theories about season six, these are my top three:

1. Billie Dean Howard’s TV Show: Reddit user mansonfamily

Billie Dean Howard is the medium in the first season of AHS, Murder House. In season one, Billie Dean Howard mentions an exorcism performed in the lost colony of Roanoke. She also reappears in season five, Hotel, where she contacts ghosts. Reddit user mansonfamily hypothesizes that this season could be Billie Dean Howard’s TV show. The documentary style setup could be explained as taking place from Howard’s point of view as if she is interviewing the spirits. I don’t think this a far stretch. With the show creators’ past of huge plot twists, anything is possible.

2. The narrators are actors, not the reenactors: Reddit users goldencolossus and gnrwarrior

Reddit users goldencolossus and gnrwarrior were on operating on the same wavelength when they put their theories out into the world. Because of the documentary style interviews, some people feel like they don’t have to be scared for the characters of Shelby, Matt and Lee because they are giving the interviews that are being reenacted. But thanks to goldencolossus and gnrwarrior, people are starting to wonder if their sense of security for the characters is a sham. What if the reenactors are the real Shelby, Matt and Lee and are dead now and the interviewees are actors paid to narrate the documentary?

3. The other trailers released are connected to the show: Huffington Post

The article from the Huffington post regarding the fan theories made a good point about the “fake trailers” put out by the creators’. What if the fake trailers are connected somehow? The scene where Shelby is dragged down into the tub looks very similar to the trailer that swamp monster pulls the woman under water. What if the other trailers point out certain things that will happen to the characters?

I’m not sure whether any of these fan theories are true, but I’m 100 percent sure this show is going to be a roller coaster of emotion and plot twists. Hang on to your seats, y’all. It’s gonna be a wild ride!

Also, am I the only one wondering where Evan Peters is this season?