The Top 10 Queer And Feminist Albums That Saved 2018

2018 has been a wild ride from start to finish, but at least we have gotten some good music out of this year.

162

Music helps us get through everything and as crazy as this year has been, we have all definitely needed some good music. Here are the top 10 queer and feminist albums that have saved us from 2018 so far!

1. "Expectations" -March 30

target.scene7.com

Everybody's favorite Hayley Kiyoko released "Expectations" early on this year. Since the release, Kiyoko has gone on to tour with Panic! at the Disco and make every queer heart flutter across the globe. "What I Need" ft. Kehlani got everyone's attention from the start.

2. "Dirty Computer" -April 27

upload.wikimedia.org

Janelle Monáe took the world by storm with the release of "Dirty Computer". This album has pulled us all in and is a personal favorite of mine. Monáe went above and beyond for this one with releasing a video to go along with the album that immerses the viewer in the mind of a dirty computer. Trust me you will want to watch the whole video.

3. "Pray for the Wicked" -June 22

upload.wikimedia.org

Our Kinky Boots bisexual babe is back at it again with another killer album that is perfect to sing along to on any long road trip. "Pray for the Wicked" is sure to be the best of times and not the worst of times when you turn it all the way up and dance like crazy. So, if you're ready for a crazy dance party, be sure to check out "Pray for the Wicked."

4. "Bloom" -August 31

upload.wikimedia.org

Troye Sivan has come a long way since YouTube and is proving it once again in his newest album "Bloom." Troye is definitely on the rise and is showing us that he isn't ready to back down.

5. "This Time" -September 7

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Donna Missal describes her elegant vocals as "feminist stripper music" and this bisexual badass' description is right. Missal has slowed down this insane year with "This Time" in a way that we can all enjoy.

6. "Chris" -September 21

upload.wikimedia.org

Chris (formerly known as Christine and the Queens) is breaking our hearts again with their androgynous style and voice. Their self-titled album has songs in both English and French for whichever you prefer. In my opinion, it's best to listen to the English first then you really appreciate their voice and the French language all the more. Don't forget to checkout some of the music videos for their new album, Chris really stepped out of their shell for this one but their incredible dancing did not go unnoticed.

7. "A Star is Born Soundtrack" -October 5

Yeah, we're all still crying over this one. If you haven't seen the movie- I don't know what you're waiting for. Bradley Cooper definitely shocked us with his vocals on the soundtrack for "A Star is Born" but not as much as Lady Gaga. Gaga has never ceased to surprise us but this one was a completely new way of getting all us Little Monsters to go insane. If you live under a rock and haven't seen the movie or at least heard the soundtrack for "A Star is Born," please go listen now! Also, if you figure out a way to listen to it without sobbing please let me know.

8. "Bohemian Rhapsody Soundtrack" -November 12

upload.wikimedia.org

Mr. Fahrenheit himself was brought back to life (as best as he can be, come on, he's Freddie fucking Mercury) with the new movie, "Bohemian Rhapsody." The movie takes you into the life of Freddie and the rest of Queen with an ending that recreates the Live Aid performance so that is like you are there. With covers of some of Queen's most popular hits and remastered vocals of old tracks, everyone in theaters near you are singing along to the "Bohemian Rhapsody" soundtrack.

9. "Bought to Rot" -November 9

f4.bcbits.com

Laura Jane Grace is back with another album and a new band. "Bought to Rot" is brought to you by Laura Jane Grace and the Devouring Mothers. As always, Laura Jane Grace surpassed all of our expectations and has given us another punk rock album to listen to while we fight against the patriarchy.

10. "Heart to Mouth" -December 7

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Yes, I know that "Heart to Mouth" is not out yet but it will definitely be on this list regardless because LP always gives us what we need. The first single from the album "Recovery," is sure to get you in your feels but don't worry- you can wash it down with "Girls Go Wild." LP's new album is available for presale now and trust me, it is not one you will want to miss.