Top 20 Songs Of 2017

Top 20 Songs Of 2017

I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for me.
81

The year of 2017 brought so many great things: movies, friends, and of course music! So much good music was brought out this past year as well as I was introduced to so many amazing artists. On Spotify, there is a playlist called "Your Top Songs 2017" which is put together by how many times you listen to a song. After listening to my playlist, I was surprised at the songs that were on it. I forgot about half the songs and was surprised that they were still considered my top songs. Below are my top 20 Spotify songs. Do you know some? If not, expose yourself to a new song!

1. Silence - Marshmello and Khalid

If you haven't heard of either one of these artists, I HIGHLY recommend listening to both of them. Another amazing song by Marshmello is "Alone" and another amazing song by Khalid is "Angels".

2. All Time Low - Jon Bellion

Jon Bellion is such a slept on artist. I think he is pretty amazing and while his other songs did not make my top songs list, another song that is absolutely one of my favorites is "80's Films".

3. Paris - The Chainsmokers

When I first heard The Chainsmokers, it was through their song "Selfie" and I didn't even know it was by them. It wasn't until "Don't Let Me Down" that I actually started liking them. Now, I can say they are one of my favorite EDM artists. Another great song by them is "New York City".

4. Shape of You - Ed Sheeran

Ed Sheeran is such a beautiful and soulful artist in my opinion. This is probably one of his most mainstream songs and after a while, I stopped liking this song because it was overplayed. However, my favorite song by him now is "Perfect".

5. Drop The Game - Flume and Chet Faker

A lot of people actually have no idea who Flume is. I only found him out 2 years ago when I saw him at Coachella and then I saw him for a second time in Los Angeles. Ever since I found out about him, I have loved his music. I love his first album more than his second, which is how a lot of people do know him, and another great song by him is "Sleepless".

6. I Hate You, I Love You - Gnash and Olivia O'brien

Not going to lie, this is the only song I know by Gnash because I never felt the need or want to listen to him after I heard this song. However, I absolutely love this song and even though I hadn't listened to this song in a long while, it was nice to see this song on my top songs.

7. Tiny Cities - Flume and Beck

Like I said, Flume is amazing. I love him. Every single song by him is great and I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you listen to him.

8. Middle - DJ Snake and Bipolar Sunshine

While I actually do not really like this song, I really like DJ Snake. My favorite song with DJ Snake is "A Different Way" which also includes Lauv, who is another amazing artist that I recently got to see live.

9. Black Beatles - Rae Sremmurd and Gucci Mane

This is probably the most mainstream song by Rae Sremmurd but it has a pretty good beat. My favorite song by them is "Swang".

10. All We Know - The Chainsmokers and Phoebe Ryan

Like I said, The Chainsmokers are amazing.

11. Cheap Thrills - Sia

I also got to see Sia at Coachella and she is pretty amazing. While her song "Chandelier" is really good, my favorite song by her is "Unstoppable".

12. American Teen - Khalid

Like I said, Khalid is amazing and he is such a positive and upbeat person. I'm glad I got to see him live.

13. Collard Greens - ScHoolboy Q and Kendrick Lamar

I got to see both ScHoolboy Q and Kendrick over the summer and wow, it was such an amazing experience. They are both rap artists and they are pretty good at what they do. Another great song by ScHoolboy Q is "THat Part" and another great song by Kendrick is "DNA".

14. I Took A Pill In Ibiza - Mike Posner

Just like the verse in this song "I get along with old timers because my name is a reminder of a pop song people forgot", before this song, it had been a while since I heard from Mike Posner. However, I like this song and of course I also like his old song "Cooler Than Me".

15. Don't Let Me Down - The Chainsmokers and Daya

Another song by The Chainsmokers. This is just more proof that they are great and you should listen to them.

16. Never Be Like You - Flume and Kai

Another song by Flume. He is absolutely amazing. If you don't listen to him, you need to.

17. Despacito Remix - Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber

Along with this song, I do like the original which is by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee only. While I do not exactly know the song, it has a great beat. Another song by Justin Bieber that is pretty good is "Purpose".

18. The Greatest - Sia and Kendrick Lamar

Another song by Sia featuring Kendrick. I absolutely love this song and was actually disappointed is wasn't higher up in the list.

19. 1-800-273-8255 - Logic, Alessia Cara, and Khalid

This song, is actually my favorite song right now. The song has such a deep meaning and it is so beautiful. Another great song by Logic is "Everybody" and another great song by Alessia Cara is "Scars To Your Beautiful".

20. iSpy - KYLE and Lil Yachty

KYLE, who now goes by the name Super Duper Kyle, is actually pretty good and so is Lil Yachty. I have seen both of these rappers live and they were awesome. Another great song by KYLE is "All Mine" and another great song by Lil Yachty is "One Night".

Looking back at all these songs, I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for the music industry!