Top 12 Songs Performed In Glee

Top 12 Songs Performed In Glee

Out of its 6 seasons, Glee had many amazing performances. Here's just a few of what I consider to be the best of the the performances.

848
Top 12 Songs Performed In Glee
ABC News

Throughout its 6 seasons on FOX, Glee continued to cover some of our favorite songs. Throughout those 6 seasons, the Glee cast continued to amaze us with how well some of those songs were covered. Some say that some of the covers are better than the original. But is that really possible? Here's some of the best Glee covers.

1. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Fans everywhere received the message to never give up on their dreams. The forever popular Journey song Don't Stop Believin' was first covered in the show's pilot episode, becoming the show's anthem, but has been performed multiple times later during the show.

2. Sing - My Chemical Romance

The message in this song comes out loud and clear: Stand up, raise your voice, embrace each other, don't let anyone steal your inner light and joy. Believe in yourself and believe in tomorrow, come what may.

3. Raise Your Glass - Pink

Underdogs everywhere united with this Pink anthem performed by the Dalton Academy Warblers. This performance once again prompted everyone to celebrate being different and to love ourselves for who and how we are.

4. Born This Way - Lady GaGa

This love-yourself anthem is so powerful. It's so hard to shut out negative voices and thoughts. Being picked on for characteristics, personal or physical, can bring the worst kind of pain.But watching the cast sing and dance around celebrating who they are is one of the most inspirational moments in Glee history.

5. We Are Young - FUN

This FUN hit truly is fun. It reminds us that we're only young once. The song says "Tonight, we are young, so let's set this world on fire, let it burn brighter than the sun". Let's do it, not set the world on fire because that would be pretty bad. But let's make our mark. Let's have fun while we can and make some memories while doing it.

6. Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne

This Avril hit from 2007 still holds its message to stay strong and, as it's titled, keep holding on because eventually, you'll make it through the tough times. Give it time, the hard times will pass and you'll still be there standing strong as ever. You can do this. You got this. It was perfect when the Glee cast performed it when Quinn first found out that she was pregnant. One of the roughest things that she could have gone through in high school was her pregnancy but she held on tight and she made it through and became a stronger woman for it.

7. Loser Like Me - Glee original

This Glee original makes it known that everyone who ever got somewhere had to start off somewhere and in a lot of cases, it wasn't at the top. The cast is telling everyone who's willing to listen that it's okay to be a "loser" because one day they'll be "screaming your name" as it says in the song. One day you'll be the one on top and you'll be laughing while they try to be besties with the person they once trashed, beat down, talked down on, made fun of, or called names. This is one of my personal favorite Glee songs, especially since there's two versions of it.

8. Here's To Us - Halestorm

Another one of my absolute favorite Glee performances. This song reminds me of something you would hear at a graduation. "Here's to us, here's to love, all the times that we messed up. Here's to you, fill the glass, cause the last few days have gone too fast. So let's give 'em hell, wish everybody well, here's to us" The song is amazing. When Rachel was singing partially to Finn during the song it really hit me in the feels. The cast did a great job with this song, so did the New Directions when they sang this song and won Nationals. Great performance all around.

9. Roots Before Branches - RoomForTwo

This part in the episode made me cry. Finn bringing Rachel to the train station instead of their wedding and telling her that she needed to go to New York so she could attend NYADA instead of putting it off for him. He was so sweet, putting her future and her happiness before his own. True love right there. Such a sad scene though, she had to say goodbye to everyone when she was only prepared to get married. She had to say goodbye to the love of her life instead of marrying him.

10. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

When the boys, mainly Finn, sang this song to Santana, trying to tell her that it was okay for her to come out publicly as a lesbian and that she will be accepted at least with the Glee club no matter what. Such a classic song that you wouldn't think that slowing it down would sound as good. The way Cory sings it though makes it sound wonderful. Best cover I've seen of this song.

11. Make You Feel My Love - Adele

I can't listen to this song without crying! The episode was so sad, the songs everyone performed were so touching but so sad. This was performed in the episode where Finn dies. Cory Monteith, the actor behind Finn Hudson, tragically died July 13, 2013, causing Glee fans everywhere to break down in tears. 'The Quarterback' was all about Finn and his death. Rachel expresses her love for Finn and how much she will miss him when she sings this song, making all of us cry a little when we watch it.

12. I Lived - OneRepublic

What a great song to complete the series with. Saying that you did it all, that you hope the best for everyone, made it through the bad times and enjoyed the good. This song, along with a few others including some of the songs listed above, perfectly sums up the show. It's a great choice to be performed as the final song in the final scene of the final episode of the final season of what was an amazing show that had quite an impact on a lot of people.

Glee was an amazing show and had a great run. The show impacted society a lot more than we may think it did. It had an effect on all of us, no matter your thoughts on the show. Whether you watched Glee or didn't, the show still had some sort of effect on you, believe it or not. The show, in its 6 seasons, had so many amazing performances. These are just a few of the best.