10 Songs You Need To Add To Your Playlist Right Now

Open up your Spotify and get ready to play something.

212
Photo by Steven Wang on Unsplash

One of my favorite things to do, besides writing, is listening to music. I usually try to expand my choice of music and I always look for something new to hear.

This past year I have heard of so many new bands and artists, and I've even had the chance to go see some of my top favorite artists in concert. When I hear a song I like, I add it to a playlist for the month and I jam out to my own personal soundtrack of life. Here are some songs of 2017-2018 that may just fit into your soundtrack of life!

1. "After the Storm" by Kali Uchis feat. Tyler the Creator and Bootsy Collins

This song has all kinds of grooves and a catchy chorus. I really recommend this if you haven't heard of Kali Uchis. She also appears in several of Tyler the Creator's songs, which brings me to the next selection.

2. "See You Again" by Tyler the Creator feat. Kali Uchis

Again, this song has a very catchy chorus and a banging second verse. If I were you, I would just listen to the entire Flower Boy album. It's beautiful, it's bold and it's creative.

3. "Loving is Easy" by Rex Orange County

This song was an unexpected find. I was surfing YouTube, playing whichever song was recommended to me. When I saw the cover photo to this music video, of course, I had to watch it. Rex has such a calming and easy-going voice, which in my opinion, is likable for anyone.

4. "Sweet Dreams" by BØRNS

One day on a bus ride to class, I was so tired of hearing th usual music that I decided to listen to a whole new album. I remembered I kept seeing the name BØRNS, and I had no expectation of what he would sound like. I loved it - and I fell in love with this song.

5. "ELEMENT" by Kendrick Lamar

This song reminds me so much of home, or friends associated with home. I remember when his album came out. It was my first time ever listening to Kendrick Lamar and I could not stop playing this song along with "YEH."

6. "Biking" by Frank Ocean feat. JAY Z, Tyler the Creator

Who does not love Frank Ocean? With a voice and emotion like that, who can't? Tyler and Frank should definitely make an entire album together.

7. "What Once Was" by Her's

I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't know this band. For musicphiles like me, this is golden. It might not be for everyone on account of the main singer's voice, but trust me, after you listen to this song and the song "Speed Racer," you will consider.

8. "You Might Be Sleeping" by Jakob Ogawa feat. Clairo

This song makes me think of falling in love - a sweet kind of love. This soft song sounds like a lullaby, in relation to its title. Jakob and Clairo are up-and-coming artists who will hopefully release a new album in the 2018-2019 timeframe.

9. "Blue Coupe" by Twin Peaks

I found this song on a YouTuber's playlist. This song is good for car trips, taking walks or filling up the silence. It's feel-good chords and lyrics.

10. "Told You So" by Paramore

I definitely cannot forget a gem like this. Paramore fans, I bet you are all drooling for their recent album in 2017. Paramore has not failed me in their music-making and new Rock Pop wave. Paramore will always be in my heart!

I hope you enjoy these selections just as must as I do! Give it a listen. Give music a chance!