Top 10 Songs of Emo Nostalgia

Top 10 Songs of Emo Nostalgia

Songs That Will Have You Thinking Back

899
Top 10 Songs of Emo Nostalgia
TheTimesOfIndia

2005 was the beginning of an era: MySpace was our obsession, Instant Messenger was still a thing, and instead of iPhones we still had the basic flip phones. But they year 2005 was also known as the biggest era in rock music, the year of the Emo.

e·mo

ˈēmō/

noun

1. a style of rock music resembling punk, but having more complex arrangements and lyrics that deal with more emotional subjects.

The Emo years was the time to be alive for us, we finally had bands that related to us while everyone else had hip hop and MySpace. Bands that we were sung and cried to after school. Bands that inspired the black wearing and eyeliner wearing trend before anyone else did, and lyrics we'll always remember for the rest of our life. And although it's a decade later, the year of the Emo will always live on and will never, EVER, die. So in honor of our forever Emo and nostalgic hearts, here are the top Emo songs that will live forever in our hearts.

"Jaime all Over" Mayday Parade

Jaime All Over is one of the many underrated Emo songs, but the song is still frequently played at recent Emo Nights. The minute the opening guitar riff is played, everyone knows damn well the song and right away starts singing the lyrics. It's one of those songs the DJ first plays at Emo Night before playing the main event of songs. It's also one of those Emo songs you can listen to on your own, or jamming out with friends; whichever you choose, Jaime all over is the perfect occasion.

"The Middle" Jimmy Eat World

I never got into Jimmy Eat World honestly, but I do know this song, and just like JAO, this song is an opener. It's a song we laugh, cry, and headbang too (ask Taylor Swift). Long story short, this song is a pure classic.

"Dear Maria, Count me In" - All Time Low.

Okay, let's be serious, the minute everyone here's the sound of clearing throat, everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows the opening line of the song. This is another Emo Classic, even though it's in the Pop Punk area, there are some Pop Punk songs that are also Emo classics (a *cough cough* fat lip).

Here it is guys, one of the many tearjerkers from the tear jerking, Kings of Emo nostalgia themselves, My Chemical Romance. Even though this song isn't technically a tear jerker, it is if your worship MCR (Guilty), or you're Emo (again, guilty). "I'm Not Okay" is definitely a song that starts a party, concert, and night right in the best mood an Emo can ask for. It's loud, fast, relatable to every Emo kid (especially the music video), and like every song on the list you'll know every work. And trust me, this isn't the last time you'll see MCR on this list, just saying.

"Move Along" The All-American Rejects

Another song that starts with the drums and everyone knows the song. Although this song doesn't fit in the Emo genre, it's still in the category of Nostalgia, and it also gets played at concerts and of course Emo Nights. Also, the lyrics give an Emo vibe with the line,"Even when your hope is gone move along; move along just to make it through."

"Ocean Avenue" Yellowcard

Guitar riff. Just saying. You should already know this song. And if you do , then you should be crying already because one, this is a SICK Emo Classic and two, the band is breaking our hearts by breaking up this year. BREAKING. UP. WHY DO ALL GO THINGS HAVE TO COME TO AN END?! Okay, back to the song, you can tell everyone knows this song once the chorus begins and EVERYONE SINGS, EVERYBODY. And that's when you know you've found your soul...wait, scratch that, there are four more songs left to cover so hold that thought.

"Make Damn Sure" Taking Back Sunday

Okay, guys, let's be real, this band is one of the best Emo/hardcore bands of the last decade, so if this song or band isn't one of the best Emo nostalgic songs to date, then what the heck is wrong with you?! On a serious note, you will scream and cry to this song, mainly the lyrics but that's beside the point. The point is: a song is sick, you'll scream to the lyrics in the song, and just listen to it.

"I Write Sins not Tragedies" Panic! at the Disco

We're at the final 3 so it makes sense to end it with the leaders of the Emo Trinity. So let's start it with this song. AKA the song about closing the goddamn store, or who's bride is a Wh***, THAT song. Very classic cabaret vibe, a singer can sing so high and take you to heaven. Panic! Isn't know as an Emo band, however, this song and their 'Fever You Can't Sweat Out' of album is very well known for their Emo songs.

"Sugar We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy

You know $#it goes down after the drum riff, like its going down swinging (haha!). Anyways, this song is also very well known in

Emo Royalty. And Fall Out Boy is also very well known as one of the kings of Emo Royalty, and who started the guy liner trend (*cough* Pete Wentz *cough). This song definitely plays a huge role in my life and Fall Out Boy will forever play a huge role in my hearts.

"Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

Three words: THE G CHORD. Admit it, when the G chord is played, you stop whatever you're doing and immediately star crying like a puppy (guilty). This song is a classic, this band is the KINGS OF EMO ROYALTY (and I told you that you'll see this band again), and the music video hits you SO HARD, If you ever lost someone, you'll relate to this song and this album since death is a HUGE theme of the album. The point is, this song is the Emo nostalgic tear-jerking song of them all.

And that concludes the list of songs of the top classic Emo Nostalgic songs. There were ALOT, and thus wasn't easy, but this is my favorite Emo songs of the many Emo songs of the world. Now pick out your best piece of black clothing, put on your eyeliner, and let's rock, cry, and party on. Emos unite!