A Few Terrifyingly Awesome Moments From 'American Horror Story'

An anthology horror series at its finest.

3
"American Horror Story: 1984" promotional image.
FX Networks on youtube.com

Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk never fail to disappoint.

Mark your calendars, the ninth season of "American Horror Story" premieres on September 18th on the FX network. To commemorate the start of a new season, I thought I would put together a list of my top moments from throughout the show. Like all "American Horror Story" content, this article contains subjects that may not be appropriate, can trigger some readers, or will contain spoilers from all seasons of the show. Read at your own discretion.

1. "The Name Game" (Asylum)

Really, any time Jessica Lange blesses her with her voice. Guaranteed the scene was played out in Sister Jude's head because she was having difficulty remembering the simplest of names but nevertheless, iconic. With all of the gore, horror, and mentions of Satan occurring in the show, who wouldn't want to spare a few minutes for a great musical number? Bonus tracks include but not limited to: "Life on Mars" and "Come As You Are" performed by Evan Peters. Freak Show was clearly a thespian season.

2. Stevie Nicks (Coven/Apocalypse)

I loved that the writers wrote her in as an actual witch. I'm a nerd for Easter eggs in the real world and I adore Fleetwood Mac, I grew up with my parents playing their CDs while cleaning the house on Saturday mornings. You can only imagine how much I fan-girled that not only Misty Day was obsessed with the singer, but that the White Witch also sang "Seven Wonders" in an episode which they incorporated into the story. Steve Nicks also made a cameo in Apocalypse. Magical.

3. Violet's Death (Murder House)

Or more like when she realized she actually passed away. Taissa Farmiga and Evan Peters are such phenomenal actors, the scene was utterly heartbreaking. While Violet dealt with depression and suicidal thoughts often, I still cry when Tate tries to save her and fails. Guess really no one survives the Murder House.

4. March's Dinner Party (Hotel)

Based upon actual serial killer, H.H. Holmes, James March built the Hotel Cortez to house his psychotic need for killing. Murders, dead ones at that, also feel the need to catch up with their friends over a meal. Devil's Night, is a dinner hosted by March where he invites deceased infamous serial killers for a night of good "fun." Aileen Wuornos, Richard Ramirez, the Zodiac Killer, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffrey Dahmer. These killers fascinate me psychologically and having them portrayed all in the same room as ghosts is genius.

While we fans are viciously waiting for "AHS" to premiere, Ryan Murphy has blessed us with an Instagram video of the title sequence of 1984. BRB, I'm choking. Can't wait.