Top 10 Reasons to Watch The 100

Top 10 Reasons to Watch The 100

The CW show you may not even know about, but should definitely start watching.

778
Top 10 Reasons to Watch The 100

Looking to get into a new television show? I have just the pick for you. You should definitely get into "The 100."

Here are ten reasons why:

10. Post-apocalyptic intensity

In a time where we have The Hunger Games and Divergent, you may be tired of this genre, but don't count it out just yet! The intensity is always high and the stakes are even higher. Plus, it's always interesting to discover a new world.

9. Difficult decisions

This is not your typical "heroes making the right choices" type of show. The "good guys" are constantly being forced to make some morally ambiguous decisions which leave the audience wondering what they themselves would have done. And it makes for really good television.

8. The music

If there is something the CW does well it is matching music with moments you are watching on screen. If you would like to update your playlists, "The 100" can give you some great selections.

7. Insane twists and turns

You will not be able to tell where this show is going, unless you've got a man on the inside that is. It's hard to know who is the real enemy and what path they're all going to go down next.

6. Scenery

There are some stunning scenes to be caught on "The 100." Whether it's in space of in the woods or even in the desert, there are some great backdrops and locations to admire.

5. Relevance

How are a bunch of delinquent teens from space and their families relevant to me, you may ask? Well, they're really just people who are struggling, just in a different setting. They are still relatable. Plus, this show offers something rarely seen on television---bisexual representation. And the best part is, a kiss between two women on this show isn't acknowledged as anything other than just a kiss.

4. It's not just for teens anymore

Yes, "The 100" is on the CW network, which is widely considered to be a network for mainly teenagers, but don't let this scare you away. This show should be appreciated by all- so that means sci-fi fans, action lovers, and others of all ages.

3. Characters' chemistry

Despite acknowledging very few relationships/connections, the cast displays a unique chemistry that really makes the show work. There is't just one set relationship or friendship for each character like on some shows. They are all intertwined and they share a great chemistry with each other.

2. The Women

No, I am not just going to reduce the female characters on the show to "strong" because they are more than just "strong female characters." They are kickass, intelligent, and complex women that lead this group of characters. Whenever that is seen being written on television, we should definitely support it.

1. Character Development

Don't be deterred in the plot with who you think you see in these characters. You may see the down to Earth hero, the playboy, the goofy and dreamy love interest, the wild child, or even the nerd. However, the evolution and developments these characters go through are astounding. You'll never guess where they end up, but you'll definitely want to go along for the ride with them.

So, that's it. Don't walk, run to your nearest TV or computer. Seasons 1 and 2 of "The 100" are currently streaming on Netflix, and Season 3 premieres January 2016 on the CW.