Top 10 Places To Visit In Missouri

Top 10 Places To Visit In Missouri

Places you NEED to visit when you come to Missouri!

45
Top 10 Places To Visit In Missouri
Image by Mark Dawdy from Pixabay

Missouri is a very interesting state. There are so many things to do when you are bored. Here are some places that you need to visit when you are in Missouri.

1. St. Louis Gateway Arch

This is probably the top place you want to see when you are in Missouri. The arch represents, "Gateway to the West". When you visit the arch, you can go on an elevator ride, which reaches 630 feet, and get a stunning view of the city.

2. St. Louis Zoo

The St. Louis Zoo is a great place to go with kids and adults. The St. Louis Zoo was named No. 1 in the USA Today Readers Choice Award Contest. The St. Louis Zoo is certainly a full day of fun. The Zoo staff is also very helpful and polite making the experience even better.

3. Forest Park

Forest Park is near the St. Louis Zoo. It is where most people enjoy their picnic lunch after a long day at the zoo. It also has the Muny, Americas oldest and largest outdoor musical theater. Other attractions found in Forest Park are : The Art Museum, The Boat House, and The History Museum. Such a beautiful place to go.

4. City Museum 

The city museum was made by artists Bob and Gail Cassilly. They acquired a 10-story 600,000 square foot former shoe company warehouse in Downtown St. Louis and turned it into a "city within a city". It is such a fun place to go to explore and ride the ferris wheel to see the city from a stunning view of the city.

5. National World War I Museum and Memorial

This a great place to visit just because of its history. With more than 75,000 historical items on display, the information is endless.

6. Grant's Farm

Looking for a fun and exciting place for the kids to play? This is just the place for you. Grant's Farm is a 281-acre historic farm and landmark. With hundreds of things to do like feeding animals, ride camels, and see animal shows; it will be a full day of entertainment for all ages.

7. Meramec Caverns

Want an adventure filled with history? This is something you have to do when you come to Missouri. Meramec Caverns is a 4.6-mile cavern system ( largest cave in Missouri ) that the tourist walk through. Don't forget your jacket! The caves are very chilly.

8. Wonders of Wildlife Museum

This is just an amazing place to see wildlife. This is one of the world's largest exhibitions of wild animals and their habitats. Fun day for the little ones.

9. The Magic House

This is one of my favorites! The Magic House was once an abandoned Victorian mansion. It now stands as the region's first interactive children's museum. It will take you days to tour the whole museum!

10. St. Louis Science Center

This is one of the biggest attractions in St. Louis, MO. The Science Center is one of the only free nonprofit science museums in the country. With over 700 interactive activities, the day will be filled with fun!

There are so many more attractions to visit when you are in Missouri. These were just some of my favorites. I hope that when you visit, your day is filled with fun experiences.