Top 10 Haunted Placed In Alabama

Top 10 Haunted Placed In Alabama

It isn't sweet home Alabama no more.

59
Top 10 Haunted Placed In Alabama
Wikipedia

People all over the world have claimed that they have encountered a ghost or other spiritual presence, some even have seen the devil himself. But no matter how much or how little you believe in ghosts, these ten places in Alabama are truly haunted by something we can’t explain.

1. Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham

Sloss Furnaces is more than just a place where teens go in October to have a good fright, it also has a chilling past to it that all started in the early 1900s. James “Slag” Wormwood was a foreman during the graveyard shift and he was over a crew of 150. He was known as a cruel man, who often put his men’s lives in grave danger. One day, Wormwood fell into a huge pool of melted iron ore and died. After his death, many of the men felt an evil presence among them. Two men saw a man who was badly burned coming toward them. Over the years, about 100 reports of paranormal activity at Sloss Furnace have been recorded by the Birmingham police.

2. Highway 5 Ghost in Lynn

A couple of years ago between Natural Bridge and Jasper, Alabama, on Highway 5, a teenage girl and her boyfriend just got done with their prom. Well, on their way home, they got into a big fight so she decided to walk the rest of the way home. As she was walking, an 18-wheeler hit and killed her. To this day you can still see the truck and the driver who killed her.

3. Maple Hill Cemetery in Huntsville

Dead Children’s playground, which is located smack dab in the middle of Maple Hill cemetery, is one of the largest and oldest cemeteries in Alabama. Legend says that in the 1960s, several children were abducted and the bodies of the children were found in the playground area of the cemetery. Since then, people have heard noises of children playing and laughing. Most of this activity is during 10 p.m. until 3 a.m.

4. Main Street Strip in Albertville

Many people have reported hearing footsteps and ghostly voices. In the early 1900s, a tornado ripped through the town, killing many people. Several business owners during the summer have felt chills go up their spin. They’ve also heard screaming during the night, but the streets would be completely empty.

5. Fort Morgan in Gulf Shores

The old barracks is probably the most haunted part of the fort. In the early 1900s, a prisoner hung himself in the barracks and reports have claimed that you can even hear the prisoner crying out. Also during the late 19th century, a young woman was drug into the fort and was beaten and murdered. She is rumored to still wander around the fort seeking justice.

6. Bass cemetery in Irondale

This cemetery is neglected and is located in the middle of the woods. During the Civil War, soldiers and slaves alike were buried there. At this cemetery, there has been several reports of paranormal activity such as noises and ghostly figures. This cemetery is over 200 years old and even has an open grave with a missing corpse.

7. The Winston House in Tuscumbia

It all started when a tornado took the life of Judith Winston, in 1874. Her sons pulled her from the rubble, but she later died in the front bedroom. Since 1982, the Winston House has been used as a museum. One day while a wedding was going on, Mrs. Winston had one of the chairs raddle. People have also seen figures move in the windows.

8. The Gainswood Plantation in Demopolis

The owner of the plantation was Nathan Whitfield. His wife died in 1846, so he hired a lady to take care of all the house chores and the children; her name was Evelyn Carter. She was very fond of the children. But one day she came down with a terrible illness and passed. Well, she wanted to be buried back in her home town in Virginia, but a bad storm came so Mr. Whitfield put her casket under the house, so she could be sent back. Mrs. Caters never left Gainswood, and visitors can sometimes here footsteps.

9. Harrison cemetery in Kinston

This is the place where you will find the grave of Grancer Harrison, a cotton farmer. Fiddle music can be heard playing inside the shelter built over the tomb. He loved to party and dance. When he died, he wanted to be buried on his feather bed, so prior to his death he built a large tomb to hold his bed. You can still hear the fiddle being played.

10. Moundville Archeologist Park in Moundville

This park is famous for the Indian hills and burial grounds. It is a 1000-year-old Indian village with twenty-six mounds. There have been reports that you can hear drums and lights coming from the largest mound.