10 College Wardrobe Essentials For Women

You're gonna wanna check this list out before move-in day...

48

As the new school year is about to begin (or for some has already begun), many new students are left wondering what the wardrobe essentials for college is. Often, dorm room closets are not too big so packing mostly just the necessities are a must. Here are my top ten picks on what, in my opinion, are college wardrobe essentials.

1. College Sweatshirt/Apparel

We all would like to think that we will put on a Vogue-approved outfit every morning before class. In reality though, you will be way too tired from studying (or partying) the night before, and you won't have the energy to put that amount of effort into choosing your outfit. You will quickly notice that people live in their college apparel because it's easy, comfortable, and dare I say it, trendy (while being on campus).

2. Black Leggings

Similar to the sweatshirt, leggings is essential in every closet because of how versatile and simple they are to style. You can pair them with a sweatshirt, a plain tee (bonus points if you throw on a statement necklace), or a cozy sweater. Also, feel free to wear any type of shoes ranging from sneakers to riding boots.

3. Going-Out Clothes

Obviously, if you don't plan on involving yourself in the night-life scene, then going-out clothes are not necessary (although I do recommend going out once just for the experience). But, if you are going to be participating in such activities then you are going to need some cute clothes! Forever 21 and BooHoo are two of my favorite stores to purchase going-out clothes because they are inexpensive and totally cute. Do not even consider wearing clothes when you go out that are expensive because I promise you will regret doing so sooner or later.

4. Inexpensive Jacket

This goes along with the going-out clothes. If you are going to school where it gets extremely cold in the winter, a jacket in necessary when you are going to and from parties/bars. Eventually, this jacket will get lost or someone will spill a drink on it, so don't spend a lot on one.

5. Inexpensive Heel Booties

Heel booties are perfect for any occasion and can be dressed down for daytime or dressed up for nighttime. I love paring them with skinny jeans, an oversized sweater, and layered silver necklaces. Buying an inexpensive pair is recommended because first off, there's always a possibility of things getting stolen, and if you are wearing them to parties, they will definitely get dirty and eventually destroyed.

6. Plain T-Shirts

Plain t-shirts are a staple to every person's closet because of how versatile they are. You can wear them with literally anything, including sweatpants, leggings, and jeans. The best part about them is that they can be dressed up with accessories and a jacket for a more complete and put-together look.

7. Oversized Flannel

Flannels are perfect for that awkward in-between summer and fall period where it's too warm to wear a jacket but too cold to be walking around with bare arms. They are cute to throw over a t-shirt or to tie around your waste.

8. Blazer

You may not think that you are going to be needing one, but situations that require business attire will come up when you least expect them to. From interviews to class presentations, you definitely will be reaching for this wardrobe essential from time to time.

9. Dark Wash Jeans

Ahh, a good old pair of classic blue jeans. You can never have too many pairs because they can be worn for practically every occasion and they are so stylish.

10. Cross-Body Bag

Not only are cross-body bags perfect for when you're running around campus during the daytime, but they are completely necessary for nights out on the town. Wearing a cross-body bag means that you are hands-free all night long. Some people opt for a wristlet, but if you're anything like me, then you have to carry around all of your necessities because without them, you just wouldn't feel complete.