Top 10 College Comfort Foods

Top 10 College Comfort Foods

Food is the Way to Everyone's Heart

520
Top 10 College Comfort Foods
amazonaws.com

Food — the most important, beautiful, greatest thing on this planet. Some say eat to live, but we all know we live to eat. Anytime we feel sad, mad, regret, happy, excited or any other emotion you can possibly think of, we want to eat. When it comes to college, however, we can't always afford the food that we want to be able to cozy up on a couch and eat. There are some foods though that we can all (especially college kids) can afford that make all of us feel a little better. Here are the top ten comfort foods especially for college students.

1. Cereal

Okay it may not be everyone's comfort food, but there are so many different kinds and it is so easy to make I'm really not sure how it can't be everybody's go to food when they are a little hungry.

2. Ramen

Since college kids cannot really budget to afford pasta and sauce and maybe some meat, so we settle for ramen. Who doesn't love noodles in a cup when you're sad and lonely?

3. Mashed Potatoes

From instant mashed potatoes to KFC mashed potatoes, you can't really go wrong. Fluffy, soft potatoes can make everyone's heart happy.

4. Waffles

Or any other breakfast food will do, but especially some toasted Eggo waffles. If you're really feeling rich one night, a 2 AM Waffle House run can never make someone say no.

5. Grilled Cheese

Butter, toast and melted cheese? I really don't think there is a better or easier combination.

6. Doughnuts

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin may be kind of a luxury, but isn't it so worth it? Doughnuts can completely turn my day upside down. If anything I will settle for some good old fashioned powdered doughnuts in a bag.

7. Ice Cream

We all scream for ice cream! Literally. Movies and tubs of ice cream just call for a beautiful night by myself.

8. Mac & Cheese

Especially the individual microwavable kind, right? So easy and so quick and so, so beautifully cheesy. I'm really not sure where I would be without my mac and cheese cups.

9. Fried Food

From fried chicken to french fries to fried pickles to fried pretty much anything, you can't go wrong. I am always craving a cheeseburger with some good french fries. Or is that just me?

10. Pizza

I really don't think there is an explanation for pizza. If you don't love pizza I hate you. You should have Domino's on speed dial.