Top 10 Cheesy Rom-Coms On Netflix That'll Have You Reaching for the Tissues and Ice Cream

I know I can always be in the mood for a bad, cheesy rom-com, but it can be difficult to find just the right one.

115
https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/0847fd16a0a4806aeb63fecac71c99e7/5C25B059/t51.2885-15/e35/39106974_234161240776170_3523178010964393984_n.jpg

My friends and I are always looking for new romances on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, anywhere! They're great to watch in a group of friends or alone if you want to get really invested. Over the past few months I've definitely accumulated a good group of movies (in no particular order). Even though they're predictable, how can you turn down a cheesy romance?

1. How To Lose a Guy In Ten Days

Available on Netflix! It's a cute, funny movie about two people both trying to fulfill a task using the other. You see the storyline from both perspectives, although it mainly focuses on Andie Anderson and her article on "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days." It plays out just as you would want any cheesy romance to.

2. The Two Night Stand

I just watched this with my roommate. It was included for free with my Amazon Prime account. I love Miles Teller, his characters are always really normal and funny too. Megan (Analeigh Tipton) and Alex (Miles Teller) get stuck in Alex's apartment due to a big snowstorm, and it forces them to get to know each other. There's a twist, just like any romance, but I promise you'll get the ending you want from the beginning.

3. The Princess Diaries (1 & 2)

These are two of my favorite movies, which are now both on Netflix! I was so excited when they popped up on my Netflix recommended page. Mia goes from a dorky high school girl to a princess, and eventually the queen of a country she didn't know she had any connection to. You follow Mia through the journey of becoming the "perfect princess," and there are laughs along the way. Bonus: her love interest in "Princess Diaries 2" is played by the drool-worthy Chris Pine.

4. Set It Up

This is a Netflix original that came out recently and immediately sparked my interest. The two main characters are overworked personal assistants who start working together to set up their bosses in order to get some free time. They grow closer throughout as they work together, and although the romance doesn't start until close to the end, it's definitely worth it. Plus it's hilarious.

5. The First Time

I watched this over the summer on Netflix and had never heard of it before. These two teens meet at a party, and both are more outcasts than the people they show up with. Dave (Dylan O'Brien) immediately takes a liking to Aubrey (Britt Robertson), and the film follows him on his journey to get the girl. Classic movie plot, but I loved both of the characters and it has its own twists as well.

6. The Kissing Booth

"The Kissing Booth" became a huge hit after it first appeared on Netflix this summer. Everyone was watching it, so I thought I should include it. I feel like almost everyone has seen it, but if you haven't, you 100% should. Elle (Joey King) and her best friend Lee Flynn (Joel Courtney) have been friends since they were born, and they have a set of friendship rules--which includes "no dating your best friend's siblings." And of course, you can predict from the start that Elle likes Lee's older brother Noah (Jacob Elordi). It's a journey to keep the relationship--both Lee and Elle's, and Noah and Elle's--from sinking.

7. Before We Go

I liked this movie because it's a little different from your expected plot. The ending is more obscure and less cheesy but it's still very sweet. Nick Vaughn (Chris Evans) meets Brooke (Alice Eve) on the street, and he helps her to get home after her purse is stolen. They get to know each other pretty quickly and bring each other out of their shells. It's a sweet movie and very easy to follow. Also available on Netflix.

8. After The Ball

"After the Ball" is definitely a spin on the Cinderella story. Katie Kassell wants to be taken seriously in the fashion industry, but because of her reputation, that isn't very successful. She pretends to be a guy named "Nate," and uses that to help her get a fresh start at her family company. The big banquet causes some problems with keeping up with her new persona, but definitely helps her to become successful. And of course, she meets someone along the way. Available on Netflix.

9. A Cinderella Story

Hillary Duff portrays Sam, a lower-class girl living with her rich stepmother and working for her, as well as her father's old diner. (AKA, the Cinderella of the film.) The whole school calls her "Diner Girl," including her stepsisters who are just absolutely ridiculous. The only one who doesn't call Sam "Diner Girl" is someone she meets through an online chat. There's a school ball where the two finally meet, and as he tries to track her down at school after the ball, people begin to figure out her secrets on who she is. She's scared he won't like her once he discovers she's the "Diner Girl," and eventually is forced to find out what he really thinks. Available on Netflix.

10. A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song

I had to include both the Cinderella Stories! Lucy Hale's "Cinderella Story" is different in the fact that she's forced to help her stepsister get everything she wants, from a singing career to a new boyfriend. She tries to fly under the radar, but after meeting her sister's new boyfriend, she ends up making more of a statement that she wanted. This movie is also on Netflix.