The Top 10 Attractions at Walt Disney World

The guide to a good time at the happiest place on earth!

29
CollinsRace

Walt Disney World - Where Dreams Come True! These top 10 attractions, located in Orlando, Florida, are a must when it comes to experiencing the most magical place on earth!

10. Space Mountain

This classic roller coaster is located in Tomorrowland inside the Magic Kingdom Park. Before you board your space craft, you can gain some training on the interactive video game-like screens. Then, sit tight as you are blasted on a fast journey through space! This indoor, dark coaster offers a cool and refreshing break from the hot Florida heat.

9. Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

One of two roller coasters at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Expedition Everest takes you high through the Himalayas in search for the Yeti. This ride offers a big thrill as your train will stop in its tracks as it comes to a broken end; but, you will "climb" back down the mountain backwards! Due to some of the graphics, sounds, and the fact that it's a partially backwards coaster, some people may not want to embark on this journey. But, for the thrill seeker, this ride is one of the must-do's!

8. Mission: SPACE

Mission: SPACE provides riders with a chance to become an astronaut! This four-person shuttle requires a team to work together to complete their mission and make it back to earth. The jobs include navigator, pilot, commander, and engineer. The anti-gravity simulator (similar to what NASA uses in training) is what makes this attraction unique! If you are one who gets motion sickness, have no fear! There is a separate shuttle which does not spin for those who still want to help complete the mission.

7. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Just down the street from Space Mountain is the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor! Relax and cool down with this hilariously interactive show featuring characters from the Monsters, Inc. movies! They've found that human laughter produces more energy than screams so their goal is to make you laugh as much and as hard as possible. Send in your own jokes or just listen to the ones written by the crew. This attraction is perfect for the whole family!

6. Soarin'

Soar over breath-taking destinations on this indoor flight experience! Soarin' takes you on an adventure to many different destinations including China, South America, and Australia! An 80-feet IMAX screen combined with moving hang gliders provide an unforgettable experience in Disney's Epcot park. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be an exciting ride!

5. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (TM)

This thrill ride has two parts - a story and an unlikely elevator ride. An attraction unlike any other, the Hollywood Tower of Terror puts you in the spotlight as the Twilight Zone's next star. After hearing of stories about those before you, you will step on to an elevator that may never return to Disney's Hollywood Studios. First, you will go through majestic scenery; then, you will enter the 13 story elevator shaft where you will be picked up and dropped multiple times. This ride is not for the weak stomach but offers a thrill like no other!

4. Toy Story Mania!

Toy Story Mania!, also located at Disney's Hollywood Studios, is more family-oriented. Put on your 3-D glasses, step into a cart, and get ready to shoot as you play 5 interactive carnival games! This ride is a chance to bring out your competitive side with a little help from the characters of Disney's Toy Story! What earns this ride a spot in the top 5? Everything is built so that it feels like you have been shrunk down to the size of a toy!

3. Test Track

Epcot is home to one of the most interactive attractions in the world! Sponsored by Chevrolet, Test Track gives you the chance to design your own concept vehicle and test it through many different environments and obstacles. Your car is evaluated on the following factors:

• Capability (handling)
  • Responsiveness (maneuverability)
  • Efficiency (fuel-saving and environmentally friendly)
  • Power (speed)

At the end, see how your car compares to others! Also, enjoy a Chevrolet show room and other interactive car-based games!

2. Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool

This is the only water attraction featured in the top 10, and it comes in at number 2 for a good reason! Located at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, the Surf Pool offers a variety of ways to enjoy the ocean right within the walls of Disney! Get in deep waters and "hang ten" or hang out on the beach and enjoy more subtle waves. Either way, this pool is sure to please!

1. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

The top spot belongs to the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - featuring Aerosmith! As a rider, you've got a front row seat to the band's concert and a limited amount of time to get there. Hop in your stretch limo, complete with speakers to jam out to their greatest hits, and speed down the highway at a quick 60 miles per hour! This VIP trip wouldn't be complete without a chance to meet the band!

There are plenty of amazing, thrilling, and family-friendly attractions at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. But, these are the top 10 for those looking for a memorable and exciting time! Find out more about these and other attractions at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/.