Top 10 Most Addicting Fantasy Fiction Book Series

A list of the top 10 most addicting book series if you love fantansy fiction.

3574
pxhere.com

This is a list of 10 of the most addicting series to read if you love fantasy fiction. Each of these books will welcome you into a fantastical world where adventure, love, and mystery will keep you tearing through the pages as quickly as you can drag your eyes across the paper.

Many of these I am sure you have already read, but I am hoping that at least one or two of these series will be new to people! One of the best parts about reading a world altering series is getting to talk to people about it afterwards, so consider this list an invitation to the world to enhance the conversation around these sensational books!

1. The King Killer Chronicle Series by Patrick Rothfuss

The King Killer Chronicle Series is the autobiographical story of Kvothe, a young man with no shortage of wit, intelligence, humor, musical talent, reckless behavior, and love interests. Kvothe's story is full of little mysteries that you will have to piece together to find out just who Kvothe is, and where his story will go. If you love magic, mystery, and adventure then you will love The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear. The series is supposed to have one final installment, whose release date is continually pushed back by the author. So, if you decide to read this series know that it is not completed yet and you may very well have a long while yet to have all your questions answered. But, the first two books make it worth the wait! The Slow Regard of Silent Things is a short side story exploring the life of one of the series most illusive characters, to tide you over while you wait for the final installment of the series to be released.

2. The Throne of Glass Series Sara J. Maas

The Throne of Glass Series follows the life of Celeana Sardothien, a famous assassin in the world of Erilea. Celeana will steal your heart with her never-ending sarcasm, wit, intelligence, brutality, beauty, and skill. She takes the term, "strong female character" to soaring new heights. (Let's just say she should be everyone's spirit animal.) Her adventures, struggles, friendships, talents, and love interests make these rather thick novels breeze by. The series' most recent installment, Tower of Dawn, was recently released and is a novel told from Choal Westfall's perspective during the same time frame as Empire of Storms.

3. Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

The Inheritance Cycle follows the life of a teenaged boy named Eragon, who stumbles upon a treasure that changes his life and the world around him forever. This series is a classic coming of age story coupled with daring adventures, magic, evil vs. good, and magical creatures that either steal your heart or make you hate them with every fiber of your being. The mysteries, love stories, friendships, dangerous adventures, and battles make this another heavily addicting fantasy series.

4. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy follows the life of a teenaged girl named, Gemma Doyle, during the 1800's. Gemma is sent to an all girls boarding school in Britain where she must find her place amongst the other girls. What starts out as a seemingly normal coming of age story turns dark and mystical as Gemma learns more about her role as a woman in the 18th century, the magical world she alone can gain access to, and the dark forces which seek to triumph there. This is another page turner full of intriguing mysteries, friendship, and self discovery.

5. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

The Harry Potter Series is one that needs no explanation, it has created a world and culture all its own. The series was of course made into films, which have been extremely successful. But, shockingly many people who love the movies have never read the books. As well done as the movies are, the books contain so many more details, adventures, and characters than the film allowed. If you have not let these books change your life yet, then do it!

6. The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer

The Twilight Series is one that everyone knows at the very least because of the movies. But, like every other book turned movie, the books are always better. Twilight of course follows the life of Bella Swan, a clumsy teenage girl who falls in love with a man who belongs to a very different world than the one we know. The heartbreak, love triangle, mystical powers, and conflict made this series a cult classic.

7. A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sara J. Maas

The Court of Thorns and Roses Series follows the life of a simple human girl named Feyre, as she struggles to feed her impoverished family by hunting in a dangerous wood bordering the Fairy lands. Her world is changed forever when she kills the wrong wolf, and the Fae creatures that live beyond the border enter her life. What starts out as a Beauty-and-The-Beast-esque love story turns out to be a heart-wrenching story of personal growth. The creatures, magic, intense love stories, friendships, and adventures will keep you tearing through the these books. These are considered Young Adult, but I would like to pose a warning that the sexual content is definitely PG-13+. The next installment of this series, A Court of Frost and Starlight, is scheduled to be released in May of 2018.

8. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is of course another classic on the list of addicting fantasy fiction series. This series follows a young hobbit named Frodo as he goes on one of the most epic adventures the world has ever seen, full of Elves, Dwarves, Wizards, Humans, Hobbits, and many wonderful and terrible creatures.

9. The Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis

The Chronicles of Narnia Series is another classic in the fantasy fiction genre. The books are of course highly influenced by Christian religion, but are equally enjoyable no matter what your religious affiliations you associate with as they are filled with adventure, friendship, love, magic, fantastic creatures, and self-growth.

10. A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin

The Song of Ice and Fire Series has become increasingly well known from the television series, Game of Thrones, but as we all know movies and television can never match the detail and intricacies of a novel. So, if you love the television series, or love a story filled with adventure, brutality, adventure, pride, political maneuverings, magic, and imagination tickling creatures then you have to read this series.