It Is Better To Seek Happiness Than Revenge

Revenge is unnecessary and can tear relationships apart and cause misunderstandings.

66

Revenge is something that we see glorified in movies and media. But why seek revenge when you can be unbothered by what someone says to you?

Someone may bully or taunt you, and why is it that our reaction is to fight back? Advocating for oneself without harming the other party is the best kind of revenge because it allows us to voice our opinions and stand up for ourselves without being in trouble. Oftentimes, maliciously attacking someone back has consequences.

I am not a mean-spirited person, so why would I stoop to the level of someone who is mistreating me? When people participate in wrongdoings, it is pointless to take their behavior personally. If they have claimed to have an issue with you, remember that it is their problem; not yours.

You're too good for revenge. Be satisfied with who you are.

If someone dislikes you and your character, then that's on them. Furthermore, sometimes people unconsciously act out toward us or pull a move that does not work in our favor. Instead of personalizing this misconduct, talk to the person and confront them. If you have a relationship with this person, it is natural to express yourself toward them.

Revenge is unnecessary and can tear relationships apart and cause misunderstandings. Revenge is petty. Five-year-olds on the playground seek revenge, but adults are beyond that level. Revenge should stick to the movies! Remember that the best revenge is none at all.