Tony Award Winning Musicals

1. If/Then - Tony Award Nominee.

Idina Menzel isn't just the star of Wicked or Disney's Frozen. Here, she stars as a 40-year-old woman faced with a new start. The hard part is - what path should she choose for herself? This musical takes you through the entire life path she would endure based on one small choice she would make after returning to New York City.

2. Hamilton - 2016 Tony Award

A musical based on President Alexander Hamilton. Move through his story which includes his rise in the military, political rank, renowned heroes, sex scandals and rivalry with no other than Aaron Burr. Not only that, but this musical is written by Lin-Manuel Miranda in the version of an upbeat rap.

3. Lion King - 1998 Tony Award

You are completely transported into the best Disney movie of all time. Not only will you see the jungle come alive, but you will interact with the jungle coming alive all around you! Experience the story of Simba, Timon and Pumbaa in a way you never expected.

4. Once - 2012 Tony Award

This one you MUST splurge on to get close seats because all the music is played by the actors onstage. The raw emotions of this musical will leave you on the edge of your seat. Tony award willing Best Musical gives you the love story that you never knew you wanted to hear.

5. Kinky Boots - 2013 Tony Award

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter. It's not that bad. Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner, this musical tells the story of a man who starts to run his family's shoe factory. It's time to show your drag queen pride!

6. Into the Woods - 1988, 2002 Tony Award

Amazing music by Stephen Sondheim that you will end up listening over and over again before realizing everything they are saying. This musical takes The Baker that lives on Dreary Lane, Jack and the Bean Stalk, Cinderella, the Wicked Witch, Rapunzel and so many more fairy tale characters and winds their stories together in a chance to save their forest!

7. Wicked - 2004 Tony Award

Hear the story of the Wicked Witch of the West like never before! No longer an evil villain, you'll learn how the wicked witch is, well, not so wicked. Hear about how she took her powers and her skin color through the harsh reality of college.

8. The Book of Mormon - 2011 Tony Award

This is not a family show and the facts are not all aligned with the Mormon Religion. But it does tell a fascinating story about an Elder that needs to realize that the world does not revolve around him. Watch as the inadequate knowledge of their religion actually allows them to help the people of Uganda.

9. West Side Story - 1958, 2009 Tony Award

10. Phantom of the Opera - 1988 Tony Award

The longest running musical starting at 1988. An opera house is haunted by a man in love with the star of the show. When he realizes that she's in love with another man the opera house is put in danger.

11. Billy Elliot - 2009 Tony Award

Inspiring boy Billy just desperately wants to dance! Music by Elton John, this 11-year-old makes you realize that no matter what it is, as long as you put in hard work, your dreams are possible!

12. Jersey Boys - 2006 Tony Award

A musical worth seeing again and again. Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons sing in this jazz musical after making a name for themselves in a rough world. Watch as four guys make their way to the Rock N Roll Record Books.

13. Hairspray - 2003 Tony Award

Tracy forces a cruel world to accept her and her talent even if she isn't a size two. Teen girl in Baltimore finds her way to new-found fame as barriers between people and stereotypes continue to break.

14. Legally Blonde

Not so dumb blonde goes to law school to show her ex-boyfriend that she is worthy of a future. This musical is so much fun and so upbeat that you won't even want to leave your seat during intermission.

15. Avenue Q - 2004 Tony Award

It may be like Sesame Street but that doesn't mean that you should bring your kids to this musical. This musical shows the reality of how scary after college, adult life can be! Inappropriate behavior and humor may be involved.

16. Fiddler on the Roof - 1965 Tony Award

A musical based in Jewish culture, you watch a father that wants the absolute best for his six daughters. But how will he react when that happiness means he must break every tradition he has ever abided by?

17. In the Heights - 2008 Tony Award

A latino rap musical walks through the dreams of people who never thought they would make it out of Washington Heights. What will happen when someone, broke as can be, wins the lottery and changes everyone's life.

18. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - 1982 Tony Award

Based on the story of Joseph from the Bible's Book of Genesis we hear how after his brothers try to kill him, Joseph goes on to live quite an interesting life. Hear how Joseph can predict the future based on the things you see in your nighttime dreams.

19. Newsies - 2012 Tony Award

I dare you to not fall in love with the charm of Jack Kelly. Based on Disneys motion picture, Broadway brought Newsies to life with a couple of changes to the script. No matter how long it's been since you've seen the show, you can picture the dances every time you listen to the songs.

20. The Music Man - 1958 Tony Award

Trying to save music, Harold Hill tries to get the parents to buy their children instruments and uniforms.