Tomorrow: A Poem

Tomorrow: A Poem

Let’s live today.

18
Tomorrow: A Poem
Sarah Brooks

Tomorrow.

That’s where dreams go to die,
where promises are broken
as actions don’t follow the words that are spoken.

We aspire to achieve greatness;
To break through ceilings and break down walls,
To set world records, and to make our sovereign call.

“Someday,”
we say, as we write lists to accomplish,
As we dream of far off places,
Of bettering ourselves and bringing order to our space.
It’s where our fantasies of better lives
are pushed off to stay.

Because today
we are too caught up in our virtual realities –
the social media and binge watching that hinders our responsibilities.

Everyone is busy with their lives.
Hours and days and time goes by,
going through the motions of our monotonous schedules
we’ve settled into.

We should not succumb to the temptations of distractions,
of lifestyles that prevent our hopes and dreams.
As our lives become cluttered, we should seek balance in our actions.

Life is not perfect.

Sometimes we will be alone.

Waves of life bring joy and sorrow.

It’s up to us how to persevere.
To live in the moment.
To focus on being positive.
To make sure our path is direct and clear.

It’s up to you how to live your life;
And up to me how to live mine.

Personal responsibility enables us to wake up each morning:
to choose the attitude that accompanies us through the day,
to make decisions at each crossroad along the way.

Let’s live today.

We can put aside distractions,
and follow through our words with actions.

Set a goal and start pursuing it now.
Today is here and this moment shall pass.
Only by doing our best today will we surpass.

Because tomorrow is where dreams go to die.

The 100 Things Millennials have ruined: A Comprehensive List
http://www.factandmyth.com/the-middle-class/are-mi...

Millennials: the generation everyone loves to hate. The babies of 1980 to 1995 take a lot of heat. I mean, we inherited a crashed economy, earn stagnant wages, live with crippling student loan debt, and try to enact change in a rigged system but our affinity for avocado toast and use of technology has wrecked society as we know it! As a tail end millennial, I wanted to know what I was ruining and, like any other annoying millennial would, I did some research. I scoured the internet, read online newspapers and scrolled through every listicle I could find. So, in case you needed another reason to resent the millennial in your life, here are the 100 industries we've killed, things we've ruined or concepts we've destroyed.