A Little Something About Today's Generation

Where did the addiction that we have today come from?

41
Msecnd

As we all know social media has been around for a very long period of time. The new generation of today might not really know about it but back in the early 2000’s the website MySpace was the popular place to set up a profile and make friends. MySpace was the original social media profile website, leading into and inspiring websites like Facebook and Twitter.

Social media today is starting to be seen everywhere and it became almost unusual to see businesses or brands without them. Today people uses Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at daily basis. Over 100 people posts videos and pictures up on Snapchat and Instagram.

Before the popularity of Instagram, there were dozens of other websites providing social media services of some kind for example: Flickr was one of the earliest and still is one of the most popularity photo websites but others include Photobucket and Instagram, with Instagram gaining popularity today as one of the top social media sites to include on business cards etc.

YouTube has been a really popular website for a really long period of time as well. People watch thousands of videos or they even have their own videos up there so people can comment on them. Not all of the comments are nice though people can be rude at times. My point is that social media is starting to get more popular today then it was before, and it's addicting.