To Whomever Becomes The Next President Of The United States
Politics

I didn't vote for you.

137
galleryhip.com

I didn't vote for you.

I say this because frankly, I'm a Christian, and not just one who tosses the name around because I believe in God. I believe God; this means I believe His Truth, His Word, His Presence and His followers. So, when I cast my ballot early this past Saturday, I didn't vote for you. I voted for the Lord to reign over this country once again. I attempted to choose individuals that I believe would give Christians the most voice and freedom, but mostly I prayed that the Lord would not only direct my vote according to His will, but also that He would direct the votes of my fellow citizens in a way that produced the best options for our treasured country.

All of this being said, as we roll into election week with a closer-than-ever race, I want you to know a few important things. Aside from political affiliations and popular opinion, regardless of who comes out on top, there are some reminders that our contenders need to hear. To whomever is selected to become the next President of the United States:

I pray for you. Maybe not daily, but I try to. I pray for your heart, that you will never lose courage and that you will always be in the presence of the Lord. I pray that you will meet people that find joy in being a daily encouragement to you, and I pray that you will keep them close.

I pray that you will wake up every morning with a newfound hope for the success of the day. I pray you will be strong enough for the hard decisions and the things that are out of your control. I also pray you will see joy in even the bleakest circumstances; I hope someone will always be there to remind you of the sweetness your new role will always be.

I pray for your soul. I pray that you will see the orchestration of the Lord's handiwork in everything you do. I pray that you will let these amazing realizations change and soften you, from the inside out. I pray that you will have individuals in your life to keep you accountable for the reflection of this I hope you are for our country.

I will always wish you more smiles than tears (unless you're just overjoyed with the blessings upon blessings that have entered your life to stay) and I hope that you will allow yourself to rest sometimes in knowledge that even though you have very large duties to the country, you're also human.

I pray you will make all decisions with much thought and wisdom, but also that you will never neglect the advice from the plethora of wise council that I know surrounds you. You won't always agree with others, and sometimes you may have to act alone. I pray you will never feel lonely or without support. I pray in times you feel need, you'll be able to fill any emptiness with the right pick-me- ups.

I pray you will have the patience and courage to take the road less traveled if it is the right path to take. I hope you will never forget the weight of your actions on the country, but I also hope you know that more than just you govern this place. Even when the choice is not a clear one, you will always be given the opportunity to be a light in whatever darkness may surround your decisions. Shortly, you will hear the votes of the people, and you will be given a time of preparation before you take office. I pray you will do the best you can to refresh your soul and clear your head and heart to ready yourself for the new hat you'll be wearing.

I forgive you for the sins I know you will commit while in office. While I do also pray that you will try and limit these, they are inevitable and I pray that you will learn from them and reap lessons from your actions and non-actions. I pray that others will have grace with you, and that you will not be faced with any adversity that is not the character- building, problem- fixing battles that I'm sure the Lord will allow for you to go through.

Most of all, I pray for those around you, as they comfort and are present for you, because you will never be truly "you" without the impact of others. And even if I didn't mark your name on my ballot, I will continue to pray for you and that you will always do what's best for our country with an awareness that there are plenty others like me thinking similar things, lifting you up in the best way they know how, and truly believing in the faithfulness of their God in answering prayers for you. Here's to the next four years.