A message for all those afraid to start over

To All Those Afraid of Starting Over, You've Got This

A message to anyone who wants to start anew, but feels scared to

41
Photo by Saiarchana

Hey, you. Yes, you.

If you're reading this article, that must mean that there is a part of you yearning to start anew - an ache for change. And no matter how small that ache may seem, it was still strong enough for you to click this article. It was still adamant enough to guide you to this page. Its intensity brought your eyes to these very words.

There is a part of you that needs to read the message I am about to tell you. Because here you are.

So, here it goes...

To All Those Afraid to Start Over:

Hello. I hope you're doing okay. I'm one of you. I've been feeling this intense urge to start over in my life, yet a deep fear attached to starting over. This fear has been so strong that it's left me paralyzed, stuck in my old ways, afraid to change. Sometimes, we grow so accustomed to certain ways of being, that we tend to forget that there may be a better way to go through life than the path we are currently on. This is something I am currently trying to grasp.

Have you ever heard of the term rebirth? We all have a birth attached to this existence - mine happened 19 years ago when I came out of my mother's womb. Yet, that isn't the only birth a human being experiences. Throughout the course of a person's life, they're reborn, again and again. I know this term as rebirth. Right now, you may be on the verge of a rebirth. You may be entering a new life that a part of you has been yearning for so long. You may be entering a new world and a new life.

And, of course, this can be scary. Perhaps that is why an infant cries during the process of their birth. Perhaps there is a part of us that is afraid of change.

If you are afraid, I wanted to tell you that it is safe to start over. It is safe to be reborn again. I know the way you used to be living may have helped you feel safe and nourished once, but your new life is calling for you. And you owe it to yourself to do what is best of your well-being and growth. I promise you, it is okay to walk away from what no longer serves you in search for something that nourishes your soul in ways you haven't found from this current state of being. It is not only okay to walk away, it is safe to walk away... no matter what your mind may be telling you.

Sometimes, the change we most need can seem the most threatening. For me, I felt this intense urge to let go of the person I once was in order to become the person I know I am meant to be. And... that was terrifying. I found it threatening to leave a life that I once knew for 19 years to make it a life that is more serving to my needs. I wanted to change so badly, but I was letting my fear keep me in stagnation. And, that stagnation ended up suffocating me to the point of despair.

And, no matter how strong my fear was, the despair I ended up feeling for not letting myself start over wasn't worth it.

I realized that for so long, I've been letting fear be my compass. Living life from a place of fear isn't fun... at all. Trust me: I've spent years in fear of change. And because of that, I've spent years being in situations and energies that haven't been serving me.

Until I discovered the idea of rebirth. Rebirth has been a theme for my life for a long time, and I feel like every day, I am being reborn again. And, it is terrifying. But, it also feels fulfilling, healing, wholesome.

I am finally allowing myself to start over. And it feels like I am finally breathing again. It feels like I am finally living again. It's as if I spent so much time in a dumpster, but now I'm finally able to be out in a field of flowers - flowers that I planted for myself. I'm able to breathe fully again. I'm able to live fully again. And, I hope you allow yourself to experience this sense of freedom I'm currently experiencing from finding the strength to start over.

So, I know you might be afraid to start over. You've been so used to living life in a certain way. But, I promise you, there is a reason why your soul is calling you to be reborn again. What calling do you want to listen to? The calling of fear, or the calling of your soul?