To The Teacher That Made High School Bearable

Thank you for everything.

42
Twitter

I think we can all say that we had that one high school teacher that really made a lasting impression on us...

To the teacher that made high school bearable,

First of all, thank you. Thank you for waking up every morning and coming to the school that doesn't pay you enough. Thank you for putting your all into every class, even the days when you just aren't feeling it. Thank you for being one of the best teachers I have ever had.

Being in your class brightened up my day. It's a horrible feeling walking to a class that you are absolutely dreading. But I never dreaded going to yours. You made (almost) every single lesson interesting. You engaged with the class. You were fun. You were understanding. You believed in all of us. You put effort into teaching us. Your class was the class that I looked forward to every day, and the students that have you the years after me are so incredibly lucky.

Your classroom was my safe place. It was the place I could sit in for a few minutes just for relief. It was the place I could vent and even cry in when I was having a bad day. It was the place that I could go to in my free time just to talk to you. It was the place where I always felt cared about.

You always listened to my boring stories, my problems, my (sometimes) obnoxiousness. You taught me kindness, you taught me how to recognize the people that were wrong for me, and you taught me how to just take a breath.

I'm sure that you have no idea that you affected my life so much. But I'm sure that I am not the first person, and I am absolutely positive that I won't be the last.

I know being a teacher isn't easy. You have to deal with the other staff, annoying and rude kids, long days, and boring meetings. But thank you for everything that you deal with for our education, and I hope knowing that you are changing kid's lives makes it all worthwhile.

When I'm older, I hope to be the woman you are.

Thank you for everything.