To The Senior Counting Down To Graduation, Stop!

As much as you want to be done, the experience you are wishing away is one you will never get back.

27
Flickr

I know, you are ready to be done with high school. You are ready to get away from kids you grew up with. You want to get out and explore what the world has to offer. I am not saying that these are bad thoughts but you need to realize that your senior year of high school is a life event you will never get back and you will always remember.

By now, you have already experienced some of the more emotional “lasts”. Your parents sent you to school on the first day for the last time. You cheered in the student section at your final Friday Night Lights. Yes, graduation is in 4 months but there is so much to enjoy. You still have Winter and Spring sporting events to go all out for in school spirit. You have one final prom to spend with your friends and make priceless memories. You have a couple more months of being the big guy at school. Enjoy these moments. You are in a position where you have hundreds of students looking up to you whether you know it or not. To them, you are someone who is filled with knowledge on every situation because you have already experienced it. Take these last few months to really leave your mark on your community. As much as you want to be done, the experience you are wishing away is one you will never get back.