To The People That Judge Me For Being A Female College Conservative
Politics

My political beliefs are only a small fraction of the person I have grown to be. Just because I hold a different view than you doesn't give you the right to base my whole character off of that.

3114
Flickr

To the people that judge me for being a female college conservative,

First off, I'd like to say thank you. Thank you for showing me the type of person I do not want to be. Thank you for teaching me how to be the bigger person in particular situations. Thank you for showing me how important it is to get to know a whole person for who they actually are, not just their political beliefs. Thank you for showing me the importance of having an open mind.

There is WAY more to me than what I believe is politically correct. My political beliefs are only a small fraction of the person I have grown to be. Just because I hold a different view than you doesn't give you the right to base my whole character off of that. Jeopardizing a friendship or relationship because of political disagreements is so immature, you should be able to coexist and look past it. You should be able to put politics aside and enjoy someone for who they are.

Your actions seem quite hypocritical. I am in no way saying you are a hypocrite, I'm just saying that if your whole political ideology is based on acceptance and tolerance, why can't you accept or tolerate an opinion that is different than yours? This is 2017, no one agrees on anything and no one ever will. It is imperative that we respect each other.

"Assuming makes an ass out of you and me." Being a Republican in this day and age, I have been labeled countless hurtful things: heartless, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, ignorant, uneducated, ill-informed, classist, and sexist. Instead of assuming I am all of these things, maybe take a minute and listen to what I do believe in and do not believe in. You will be surprised to hear I do not support everything that Trump has done and stands for. You would realize that I am conservative because I favor the Republican platform and do NOT support the character/personality that Trump portrays. Using blanket assumptions on all Republicans is not only ignorant, it is very hurtful as well.

I do not deserve more, so please don't act like you know what is right for me. The number of times women have told me that I lack self-respect and that I deserve more is absolutely insane. Thank you for caring about me, but I have what I need. Call me crazy, but as a woman, I do not support this modern-day feminist movement. The movement is centered around bringing women of all backgrounds together and gaining equality, but the second a woman voices a different opinion she is called names and shamed. How does this bring people together at all? Like one of my good friends said, "You don't have to be nasty to others to be a nasty woman." Some people tell me that I support a candidate that embodies sexism, which yes he has in the past, but supporters of Hillary literally supported a woman who stood by her cheating husband to gain political leverage. A real powerful, independent woman would not have tolerated that and left him.

My opinion is just as important as yours. Just because you may disagree with it does not by any means make it less valid. I am just as educated on modern day issues as you are. Your lack of respect for my opinion speaks louder than you may think. You shouldn't talk down to me like I am less than you and stop telling me to do research because I have probably done the same amount as you.

I have respect for every single opinion that has ever been expressed on any issue. Through all of this political turmoil, I have learned how important respect is, and hope one day people will respect what I have to say, for I always respect what they have to say. I have been attacked on social media by people I do not even know, which shows what is wrong with this generation. Instead of these people actually listening to what I have to say about things, they just jump to conclusions and start labeling me. Instead of spreading hate, we need to listen to each other. No problems will be solved if we don't work together. No matter if you are liberal, moderate, or conservative, I will listen to what you have to say and present you with the respect you deserve.

From, the girl who is proud to be a conservative female college student.