To The Ones Who Want To Do It All

To The Ones Who Want To Do It All

When you've overcommitted yourself and you're feeling a little overwhelmed.

10537
To The Ones Who Want To Do It All

To the ones who want to do it all,

Hello! I've recently been accepted membership into the elite group of people who attempt to commit to any and every opportunity, request, or event that floats their way. Somehow, this semester has managed to grab a tight grip on every ounce of me, and pull me under. Y'all. Let me just add a few words on the situation.

1. There aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm convinced that 24 hours is not anywhere near a sufficient amount of time for classes, studying, assignments, a part-time job, campus organizations, and sleeping/eating/breathing. Pretty sure you can only pick about two or three of those.

2. What's it like to say no?

Want to head up this project? Sure! Want to take on this leadership position? Why not?! Want to join this group to improve your resume? Sounds good to me!

Sounds pretty bad to me, actually, she whispers from the bottom of the hole she's dug herself into.

3. I get really angry when I realize I can't do everything.

I'm sorry, are you implying that I'm not superwoman? There's a slight chance you might be right.

4. I need a whole lot of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus.

Needing the blessing of caffeine, and the promise that I don't have to do this week, semester, or life on my own because let's be real -- impossible.

5. I'm really confused as to how my friends put up with me on a regular basis.

I'm sure that when you ask how I am, getting stressed as the response every time gets a little old. And please know that just because I haven't see you in a few days (or weeks) doesn't mean I'm not loving you telepathically from the bottom of my energy drink, in the mix of psychology and econ textbooks.

6. What's a social life?

As if I wasn't enough of a grandma before this semester knocked the wind out of me, I now have the energy level of a 74-year-old woman, and the incentive to stay in my bed with Netflix when I have a free night is ever-growing.

7. I'm not me without my planner.

These spirals don't just bind pages of an agenda together, they hold my entire life in place.

8. Plans don't always work out the way you expect them to.

When your 6 p.m. meeting gets changed to 6:45 p.m. and you have to adjust your whole evening of dinner plans and library dates, you eventually learn to just roll with the punches and take each day one meltdown at a time.

9. It's absolutely crucial to prioritize when you're busy all the time.

You find out who and what you want to make time for, and you're forced to actually make time for those people and things. You become what you invest yourself in, so surround yourself with the opportunities and the characters that lift you up, challenge you, and encourage you.

So, you little super humans. Breathe in, breathe out. Go conquer the world.