To The One Who Is Always Afraid

To The One Who Is Always Afraid

Fear lies within all of us.

96
To The One Who Is Always Afraid

Ever scared to do something? Ever have just that one thought in your head that holds you back? That used to be me. Now nothing gets in my way.

Fear is something that we all have. It shows up more in some people than others, but everyone is afraid of something. I was the girl who was always afraid to do things. I was afraid of the consequences. I was afraid what people would think. Afraid of how people may react when they found out. As I said that used to be me. The one thing I failed to realize was that those were things that could happen; not necessarily things that were destined to happen.

I spent most of my childhood and teen years being afraid to do things. I look back now and wish I would have just stop letting fear get in the way of me living my life. Once I finally had the guts to do something without thinking of what could happen, that was the day that I finally started living my life. I finally decided to do the things I wanted to. To do things outside the box and my comfort zone because you truly never know what tomorrow could bring. To live in the moment instead of living past the moment. Yes I still have a lot of life to live, but I have a lot of living to catch up on.

So to those who are constantly living in fear and living in what could happen, stop. Do whatever you have to start living your life. Here are some starting points:

1. Do things that make you happy even if it does not make other people happy.

2. Take any opportunity that you are given because who knows when you will get another one like it.

3. Take risks. Do not be afraid to try new things and step outside your comfort zone.

4. Be who you want to be not who others want you to be or expect you to be. This allows you to do the things that you want to do.

5. Create and fulfill a bucket list. It might be cheesy, but it will make it easier for you to do the things that you want to do and to actually do them!

It is okay to have fear, but you should not let it control your entire life. To stop having fear is a process and might not be as quick and easy as you thought or what wanted it to be. However, it is possible to accomplish. Start slow and take baby steps! Once you realize things are not always as they seem the training wheels will come off and you can finally ride alone, free of fear! Seize the moment and every opportunity. You never know when or if it will come up again. Lastly remember, the day you stop being afraid of what could happen is the day you start living.