To The Musician Who Changed My Life

From a child on up I always was a dreamer. I never thought anything would be able to stop me from obtaining any goals. I have never left anything stop me from reaching the result that I would envision. Then I met someone who completely tore me down. I was discouraged from trying new adventures. I never had the freedom to reach for the stars without being constantly told that it was impossible or just a waste of time. I was mentally abused and had no idea that it was happening.

My dreams and goals were just thoughts at this point of my life. I had been convinced that everything that I was working toward was all a big joke. Seeing disappointment in my parent’s eyes was heart-breaking and confusing at the same time. It was confusing to me because I truly did not understand what I was doing wrong. I did not see that I was throwing everything I worked for in the trash. I was also heart-broken because my parent’s opinion of me means everything, making them proud is part of my job.

They saw what took me a long time to see. They saw my potential just being disregarded because I was only doing tasks to the bare minimum. During this current stage of my life, I thought that being saved was just a fantasy. I never thought I would be able to fight back. You would never think that someone who accidentally spilled a drink on you would change your life forever. My heart and mind were completely shut down before I met you. I had no hope of returning not only to who I used to be, but a better version.

At first I was moved by your music. I could relate to the story being told in your lyrics and I did not feel alone anymore. Knowing someone else has experienced the current feelings I feel is comforting. You have a tone that is highly original and that is what caught my attention to begin with. The emotion and theatrics that I can feel in every song you sing gives me goosebumps throughout my body. Aside from your voice of an angel, I got to know you on a personal level. After talking to you for a few hours, I felt like I have known you for years. We connected in an unexplainable way. Without you I am not sure where I would be today.

You have inspired me to be spontaneous and crave adrenaline. I feel complete again. You showed me that I have an intellect that I should not keep to myself, rather embrace it. Feeling the consistent support from you is incredible. I could never have enough words or the right words to thank you. I have since then, progressively brought myself back to who I used to be. I am constantly striving to experience new things as well as accomplish goals that bystanders view as impossible. You gave me a purpose again.

You showed me that who I was is certainly not who I wanted to be. Cheers to you for changing my life, and I am sure many more that you are not even aware of.