To The Mothers Who DON'T Have it All Together!

Thank You For Your Imperfection

51

This is dedicated to all the mothers who feel they just can't get their stuff together. Whether being a single mother, one with a disability, a very hectic job, struggling with inner demons or anything else. I just want to remind you and encourage you to keep pressing, keep pushing and keep loving because your kids love you, in spite of you.

Along with being a product of a single parent household, I have read many posts, blogs and watched many videos lately (one I will post below) about how mothers are feeling inadequate.

So I write this letter to the mothers who don't have it all together.

Dear you,

We have heard you cry, doubt yourself about how you raise us, but we want you to know we love you. See, we understand that you may not feel you have it together but let us reassure you, we don't care. Nobody does, no one is perfect and even God says perfection has limitations, so thank you for not being perfect. Thank you for showing us realness, for making mistakes and realizing it is okay. Thank you for showing us how life happens and thank you for showing us its okay to be who we are. You do not only clothe us, feed us and provide shelter. Oh, no, you love us far beyond measure, a love God himself handcrafted as we formed in your belly. You are timeless, gentle yet possess the power to destroy anything and anyone who dares hurt us. Please stop doubting yourself, because we know you are doing the best you can with what you can. We know sometimes we don't make things easier but thank you for never giving up on us and being the pillar of our home. Without you we probably wouldn't even know how to tie our shoes (lol), just to say you make a bigger impact than you think. So please remember when you are feeling you are failing as our mom, you will always be our superwoman.

Sincerely,

The Kids

With this, I just want to say thank you to all the imperfect mothers, you women are amazingly strong. Without you, a lot of us would not be who we are today. Thank you for being you.